Facebook for iOS updated
The new version of Facebook for iOS is available for the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPod Touch. The Apple iPad still does not have a Facebook application of its own. Here are the new features that can be found in the updated Facebook app:
Made it easier to share with who you want
- Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
- Added the ability to share external links from a web view
- Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
- Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
In addition to the new features, here is the list of the improvements and bug fixes that are also included in Facebook version 3.5:
- Improved Notifications speed
- Fixed a number of Chat bugs
- Made it easier to select filters in News Feed
- Fixed a bug with the Notifications bar disappearing
- Fixed a number of Photos bugs
- Improved performance and stability overall
The update for the Facebook application is available now. Check it out and tell us what you think in the comments below.
1. rwolf1984 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 20:46 1
make an app for the iPad...seriously...its not that hard
2. TabletsAreUselessGetaLaptopN00 (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:10 4
Sell your iPad and buy something of use.... seriously... its not that hard
13. Ken (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 09:43 0
IF its so easy then why dont u make ?
4. xanhellx (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:26 2
-This was a a must, the app became a pain in the ass lately..
7. irvinkeith posted on 06 Sep 2011, 23:07 0
totally agree, i had actually stopped using it all together but i guess i'll go back to using it again
5. cheeseycheeser posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:31 0
I already bought my iPad and use it with my Android phone, they're both great, so no hate. But they seriously need an iPad app!! The best facebook App out there is Friendly and it's total POS!! I would use the site, but it's not worth signing in and out on my computer everytime. Lamee. WE NEED ONE NOW! That one that leaked was great, get it out soon.
6. chris024 (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:40 1
Facebook via iPhone not fixed.. But all new update is great..
8. quakan posted on 06 Sep 2011, 23:41 0
No complaints this way i like the update. I had problems with lag with the last version but once i restored my iPod removing cydia it ran smooth lol. I guess Facebook does not like jailbroken idevices.
9. unbiased (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 02:12 0
Causing battery drain on my iphone 4. Anyone else facing this issue...
11. Mooooo posted on 07 Sep 2011, 06:48 0
Maybe something wrong with your battery? I noticed when I had the iphone 3g as it got older it seemed to drain quicker. Even after re installing ios it would not matter.
12. Ken (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 09:42 0
If its so easy then u make lor .
14. Charlie Sheen (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:44 1
I'm still winning and sprint blows