Facebook for Android has more average daily users than Facebook for the Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 18 Dec 2011, 05:52 posted on
On average, more Facebook users are checking out the Android app than the app made for the Apple iPhone; according to the stats there are 58.3 million average daily Facebook users loading up the page on a smartphone running Google's open source OS versus the 57.4 million average visitors on the iPhone app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
So much numbers. oO
Small mistake: "from their Safati browser" didn't you mean Safari browser?
2. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Android user here and I have long uninstalled facebook app even the new version sucks!!!
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Dunno I kinda like it. Its faster and better looking. Still use friend caster more
8. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
I agree the FB app is annoying on android. Slow I mean its better than it was before but damn its slow and kinda retarded at times. For the iPad it works a lot smoother but then it has a tendency to crash like all the time.
I really prefer using the web browser on both platforms.
11. Phoneguy007 (Posts: 218; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
I have an android and a iphone... the app sucks on both...
3. Mozarrt (Posts: 300; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Windows Phone doesn't even need the app, it is already fully integrated within the system.
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
New FB features will not be enjoyed in there bud unless you get a OS update that enables it
12. Penny (Posts: 1566; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
True. But I still haven't downloaded the FB app for WP7 because I can already do what I need to do (read the news feed, like/comment, post status updates, check in, post on people's walls, chat via messenger, etc.).
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I guess most phones are already doing what most people would like FB to do, Still think its a nice addition if something that you like comes out on a official app and you can get it right away tho. specially if the app has the pros of your built in system app.
6. nuadar1 (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It's still horrible(app and even network) and i will never use it
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the app is still subpar. you would think that one of the most used apps would be a class leading app instead of junk with some duct tape on it. Dont know about iOS, but on android there are lots of alternatives plus of course the mobile,touch, and full version in the browser. I use the main app out of laziness more than anything, but i find myself having to go to the full browser far too often to get something done.
9. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
how can that be everyone ''loves'' iphone its just one product and androids are more but still iphone is ''better''
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
if u r trying to incite and android vs ios anrgument, at least make something somewhat legible…
and i dont see how this is shocking when android has double the amount of ios users to begin with.. it seems like common logic
10. DKMDROID (Posts: 103; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Of course android would have a bigger number then iOS because if you think about it theres hundreds if not thousands of different Android handsets on the market whereas only a handful of iOS devices so in fact the numbers for android should be much greater but because of a poor facebook app people tend to use theirs browsers and come to think about it, its actually shocking to know that the numbers between iOS and android are so close even taking into account that there are so many different android devices and only and handful of iOS devices
19. MYTHiKAL (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
That is actually surprising knowing that iOS has been available much longer then Android has.. In my case, I use both the Android version Facebook and FriendCaster on my SGS2 Skyrocket for my Normal Self and My other Real Self profiles.. :)
13. EMIRATES_GUY (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
coz android app always doesnt work and lots of lags in it .. in every update still the same problem
15. Netolic (Posts: 144; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
so people do not use regular computers or laptops to go to facebook anymore?
20. MYTHiKAL (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Apperantly not as much,, just to convinient to do it on ur phone this days, specially when ur screen size is 4 inches or bigger.. :)
18. tedkord (Posts: 7984; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And in a followup, this just in: The Apple App store has more Apple users than Android users.
We need more phone/tech news to happen, so these blogs can print something that's newsworthy.