Facebook for Android gets a small, but welcome update
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2012, 09:39 posted on
The Facebook apps for Android and iOS aren't exactly what we'd call a great experience. Sometimes, they can be so slow and laggy that the mobile website seems blazing-fast in comparison. Other times, they simply won't work, causing you to completely restart the program to get it going again. Thankfully, the iOS version of Facebook was recently rewritten, which drastically improved its reliability and performance...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Astro551 (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
not sure if i could call it a welcomed update... didn't really notice any chages. waiting for this new fb app fingers crossed
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Thanking the update, but I use FriendcasterPro.©®™
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Who are you? Don't seem the original troll of PA.
14. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
friendcaster is faster. The official app always run on the background which consume memory for nothing. Slow and not stable notification.
5. omacmagics (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I deleted this app just days ago maybe when the new one comes out I'll reinstall it to see how it works.
6. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Facebook on iOS is like a totally different app now. It's actually, perfect.
8. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Facebook should stop with the 1.9.x updates. This will get them nowhere and the complaints will keep coming no matter what. We need a major rewrite like they did for iOS.
9. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1476; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Can't see the comments on pictures on my EVO LTE...uninstalled
11. cobra_83 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Was wondering if anyone has the same problem with the facebook app for android...I have the HTC EVO 4G...when i have the updated facebook app everytime i go to the home screen it says "trouble loading tap to refresh" i can access everything else on the app fine but the wall page just will not load...does anyone else have the same problem?
12. skymitch89 (Posts: 984; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
It still doesn't support installing to SD. That is the main complaint that I have for it as of right now. I actually like the notifications from it. They seem to be puch notifications and I only get them for the selected items that I wisht to get them for.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
The thing still SLOWLY takes its time to log in. but i don't even hardly use facebook
17. Nafiz (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
facebook for android is good aps.. but just my network sometimes make it slow.. ［(－.－)］*throw my sandal to operator*
18. vijay0715 (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I think they are waiting Google to inter grate Facebook into android just like Apple did.