Facebook ad reminds you that Facebook Home can be turned off if you want to be alone
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2013, 02:14 posted on
A post on the Facebook Mobile Page, which some received as a mobile ad, reminded those who have installed the Facebook Home launcher, or who are considering it, that it can be deactivated allowing users to return to their widgets; deactivating the launcher also gives the user some quiet down time without having his or her phone constantly interrupted by Cover Feed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Maybe they should be reminded that Facebook Home is redundant if it's to be turned off 'permanently'.
2. Jayzee (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Wan to turn off facebook home ? JUST UNINSTALL IT
8. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
You can't do that on the HTC First.... =.= (Unless you so happen to root it)
10. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3405; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That is so not true. It can deactivated on the First also.
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1928; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Deactivating is not the same as uninstalling.
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3405; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I hear ya, but once you deactivate it, you don't have to see it ever & you essentially have a stock Android device.
3. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
finally they realised people wont need it
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Wow...didn't expect HOME would Flop this hard.....oh wait
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3405; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's never a good sign when an ad is telling you that you don't have to use the service.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 5410; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I do hope this is the first step in OEM custom UI's being able to be uninstalled. I have used a custom launcher since 2010......so I rarely see the orig home screen setup. I can deal with the UI throughout the rest of the phone...but the launcher just never seems to be what I like.
Sense UI is the exception....I hate Sense UI everywhere. I do like Blur or whatever Motorola is calling it these days.....but I still dont use the launcher. Never used Touchwiz....cant really comment on it...but I just like what it looks like vs Sense UI.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
no one wants FB HOME thats why the phone is only 99 cents
15. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I really hope they release the HTC First network unlocked in the UK.
Though I would not use Facebook Home, it has good specs for a mid ranger, compact size and pure Android. Mmmm....
19. kiarash1994 (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Infact I've deactivatet the hole facebook for a long time , Now I enjoy my real life !