Facebook Home is officially announced
0. phoneArena 04 Apr 2013, 12:25 posted on
Well, it isn't exactly a Facebook phone, but it has the capability of turning any Android smartphone into one. We're talking about the new Facebook Home, which just got announced officially. Simply put, it is an Android launcher - replacing the stock interface of an Android smartphone it is installed on with a new one, built around Facebook networking from the ground up...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Ill give it a try :)
11. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
Its android, just limited.
for people(*cough* iphone user *cough*), who think android is too confusing and not simple, this is perfect device for them.
19. bucky (Posts: 2603; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
They don't think it's complicated...just want something smooth. This will still be android...
29. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
you can eat some ice cream sandwich or if you too fancy you can have jelly beans. now shut your month and enjoy the SMOOTH flavor.
35. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
or they can just use their iphone cause they like it.... duh....
28. Goldeneye (Posts: 419; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
I'm sure Zuckerberg would've loved to put this first and only on the iPhone, but since Android is pretty much his only choice now they're kissing Googles butt, Facebook: how about you fix your software first? Instead of a dumb launcher designed for lifeless people, thank God I don't have a Facebook account!
2. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
seems interesting! will give it a try :)
3. Alberto.GM (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
we don´t need facebook homescreen, I think a widget is good enough
4. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Meh. I don't have Facebook so I won't look at it. But it's cool to see the power of android and the ability to configure your software to suit individual needs
5. MartianMe (unregistered)
another boring phone that looks like the stupid iphone
9. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
did you even read the note? IS NOT A PHONE!!
6. caclark724 (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Dec 2010)
Wow...rip off of the Windows Phone 8 UI, and all the things they have been doing for the last 7 months....wow...way to go FB!!!!
10. murati (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
yeah, if you are 13 years old and have lot of time to be on fb. I use win8 and i have fb chat directlly on my messages and that is about it. Win8 has a bright future.
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Meh not impressed
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3853; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yeeeshh! That constant show of face in the circle below is creepy!!
16. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
My chances of buying this phone: 3.246% urs?
27. thequota (Posts: 43; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
its a app "April 12 is the day when Facebook Home will land on the Play Store."
33. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Mine are 0%, because it is NOT a phone...
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I have to say I'm pretty off the facebook grid now. not a very promising OS, but who knows :D It might be the next big thing
20. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
It's not an OS but a launcher running on top of android 4.x
21. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 312; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
I don't have Facebook. Haven't had one in about 3 years, and life is much better without it. At least, for me.
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I like the faces thing, looks awesome... Everything else would have been nice on a widget
23. skymitch89 (Posts: 1302; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I'm going to make a backup of the current version of Facebook so that if, or when, Facebook Home app comes to my device and tries to take over my device, I'll be able to uninstall it and go back to the regular app.
24. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Facebook should have just made a better widget. Their current one sucks. Since they are working with HTC, they should have just made their widget just like the HTC FriendStream widget.
25. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
So, I can access my apps via FB Home. What about my widgets?
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think it's pretty neat and i'll definitely try it out once it supports the Razr HD and the N7. o: