Face Unlock becomes smarter in Jelly Bean: asks you to blink for the camera
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2012, 02:52 posted on
Face Unlock was one of the coolest new features in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but while having your phone recognize your face sounds like a fun (it is) way to access your device…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
what if your blind? and or cant open your eyes? what you wear an eye patch?
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Then you don't have to use this feature. Freedom - you decide what to use, and what not. A radical concept these days of the iOS plague, I know.
11. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
also what if your a tv/film actor/extra and your appearance changes through out the day
16. plgladio (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Use the pass word to unlock. Anyways there will be a option to skip it.
4. longhairbilly (Posts: 61; Member since: 23 Aug 2010)
I was actually impressed with face to unlock. It worked way better then I though it would. That said, I had to stop using it, I work outside and wear sunglasses all day.
Face unlock does not work well with sunglasses and I imagine it will not work at all now being it won't be able to see my eyes blinking.
6. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
lol! u dont even want to remove glasses for only 10 seconds.
26. fraydoe (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
they should instead have you rotate the phone around your head or something that requires 3d authentication. because its still pretty easy to bypass whether its animated digitally or whether i just take a pic and some construction paper. nevertheless it's still really cool!
i think i can see the new iphone ....
*NEW , iUnlockByFace!* ONLY on iphone lol