Face Unlock app created for iOS
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2012, 11:28 posted on
This is why we love developers. Face Unlock is a cool feature on Android 4.0 (though it does have debatable value because of security flaws), and we don't have to wait for Apple to implement its own solution because...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Ok i say this once, third party developpers are not the same as apple's software developpers.
23. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 646; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
This is why i this was an Apple Ad " Although Face Unlock on Android is pretty gimmicky too, so maybe this app falls in line with what to expect right now. With luck, Apple's solution will be a bit more elegant than this"
WHy didnt the writer say, hopefully Android will work on it, to make it more elegant, or something like, let's hope with the new update, it'll be more elegant, why say "Apple's solution will be a bit more elegant than this"?
26. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
because this is an article about the iphone… do they need to praise android in ios articles.. not really
2. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
apple copiers!!! lol if i get an iphone 5 this will be a kool feature to have
3. bbblader (Posts: 586; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
and apple will sue android for having thought of face unlock
14. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
i'm fed up with the sue jokes. So irrational.
20. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Just an example:
next article: Nokia got a (dunno) new software proggram
Someone says: I'm certain apple will sue them for this
Next article: Sony reveals PS4
Someone says: ah apple should sue them!!!
You are blind if you don't notice it.
24. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 646; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I think it's because the new name for Apple is iSueU, so thats why ppl keep saying that. Apple started it. Just Sayin'
34. stealthd (Posts: 1004; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Apple started our legal system? You learn something new everyday.
32. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple will take this app off the app store,rehash it as the 'new ground breaking feature' in the iphone 5 to try con ifans again and claim they are changing everything again again. Apple nuts will buy into the pr guff in droves and then attack android fans saying android never had or never will have something as revolutionary as siri....cough cough i mean face unlock
5. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Well this is just an app that someone made, Apple didn't incorporate it into its OS, yet. That will be in the next iOS update I'm sure.
What's next, widgets?
6. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
And I guarantee you it'll work better than ICS' version.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ok sure The_Miz. Apple will always copy but the original is STILL better meaning Android. Can we say Apple's half baked notification pull down? If the face unlock is anything like Apple's notification pull down on the iPhone then it's going to suck. lol
Ohh & ZING!
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I agree with Miz... Siri is better than Google voice or whatever is called... Safari as a browser is a top browser that comes on any Apple device no need to download is already in the deviuce as in Android ( dolphin, firefox, etc).... have to dowloaded.... I can give you more but want you to digest those first....
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
C’mon Safari is weak, my Android ICS 4.0 browser on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus is faster than Safari even WITH FLASH running. Please get your facts right. Siri is a gimmick & just so you know Santa has been making the gift run on Christmas Eve for many, many years! He most certainly doesn’t use Siri.
I have never needed another browser ever. Just so you know those browsers are on the Apple AppStore so again get your facts right.
I can ALSO give you more but it looks like you need to digest your regurgitation there. lol
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
i doubt that your browser w/flash is faster than my iphone 4s.. and will only use 800 mhz.. how is that... and yes Santa has been making gift runs leaving many good kids witout x-mas.. but now thanks to Siri.. no kid left behind..lol...
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol That was funny, I will give you that. Santa only misses the kids on the naughty list NEVER the good kids. You & I know that. Siri must be malfunctioning if Santa is giving gifts to kids he is not supposed to. lol
gallitoking I have an iPhone 4S (which I didn’t buy, long story) & I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, trust me I know. With 4G on it's no contest but with 3G only the Samsung Galaxy Nexus wins hands down. Sorry but again you are wrong!
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The only thing that's "better" about Siri is that it's centralized and has a gimmicky, fake personality. Google's voice actions work just fine.
Safari lacks flash, which is pretty damn important still. Android's default browser comes with Flash capability, no need to go into Android Market and download it.
Each OS has its strengths and weaknesses. To say that the iPhone is better at everything, though, would just be a total lie.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Sniggly..sniggly sniggly... you know what Siri told me when I asked if she was a gimmick? (using my foreign accent).. she said that she is not... ok... honestly everything is a gimmick,.. you are .. gallitoking... is... nohing wrong with that... it work for Charlie Sheen...
18. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Safari sucks big time! It's cool as long as your device is new and aren't close to you 16, 32, or 64GB limit. But once you get too close, Safari and everything else force closes like you wouldn't believe.
Maybe I shouldn't say it sucks, because when it works...it works great! I'm just really frustrated that I can't just surf the web without a force close or switch tabs without the old page refreshing. It's not bad, it's just temperamental.
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Liar! Apps don't force close on iOS that's an Android thing /s
31. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
:p it's just that many people believe that it does not happens but it does.
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
You are right! Siri is good at sucking battery that is
25. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
widgets are already implemented in the notifications centre, maybe third party widgets?
29. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I don't like those much. They are useless if you have no net
33. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its the new ground breaking feature which will be the principle selling point of the iphone 5
8. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I'm sure apple is pissed that a developer stole an idea from someone before them.
10. jogars28 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Downloaded this app.Do Not buy this app it don't work!!!
11. nicknack84 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
There was an app for android that came out about this time last year i suppose that wasn't in the market but you could google the apk and it was a facial unlock app. It worked really well and it was free. The name started with a V but I can't remember what it is now. I used it to lock my phone when at work. It worked by taking a picture of your face and scanned the image. After that anytime you turned on your phone the app would scan your face but you had to hold the camera in the same angle you took the picture otherwise it didn't recognize you.
22. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Visidon. And its working a lot better last time I used it, pre-ICS awesomeness