FIFA 14 is now available for Windows Phone devices with at least 1GB of RAM
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 10:00 posted on
Hey, soccer fans, gather around! A Windows Phone version of FIFA 14, the latest addition to one of the most popular soccer simulators, has finally been released. The iOS and Android versions of the game landed on the respective app stores back in September 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
The huge thing about this game is that touch screen makes gameplay actually far richer with options and more intuitive
4. vincelongman (Posts: 3975; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Why for devices with 1GB of RAM, my iPod Touch 4th Gen could run this game well (sure its not as smooth as my Nexus 5, but its defiantly very very playable) and it only has 256MB of RAM
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Because your iPod was in no way as graphic extensive as this WP version...
Just think of how they coded this game, and think of a Lumia 1520's specs, vs your iPod's...
6. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 174; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
He is talking about Fifa 14 iOS version running on his old device. It is the same game you douche.
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
First of all.. Did I seem to be coming off as trying to be replying to this guy in a derogatory manner?.. Why are you calling me a douche?
8. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
And, it's obvious that it's not the same game if it's on a years old device, and running on iOS.. How, is that supposed to translate to being the same game as one made to run on a WP8 device?.... It's quite obvious that WP8, and this specific version made for WP8 is optimized for devices with at least 1gb of ram.... Short neon green bus you rode?
9. vincelongman (Posts: 3975; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I thought the difference was only the resolution.
My Nexus 5 runs it at 1080p, iPod runs it at 640p. 640p is roughly a third of 1080p, which is why my old iPod can still run it.
The graphics look very similar, Nexus 5 just looks sharper and clearer, IMO.
Also FIFA 14 isn't a graphically intensive game, the graphics are mostly the same as FIFA 12/13, except the crowd and stadium look much better IMO.
10. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Maybe WP is just a resource hogging POS!.. Lol.
11. vincelongman (Posts: 3975; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Na, I think iOS 6 hogs more resources than WP
Its probably because its harder to optimize it for WP compared to iOS as there much more WP devices.
12. Cesar (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
the iPhone 4S has 512 mb and can pplay this game very smoth! auch!! :3