FEMA and Verizon send hair-raising text message out while testing an emergency response system
0. phoneArena 16 Dec 2011, 10:09 posted on
The goal is to inform people when a disaster strikes, anywhere there is cell phone coverage, but the duo sent a pretty formidable message to some of Verizon's subscribers in the New Jersey area: "Civil Emergency in this area until 1:24 PM EST Take Shelter Now U.S. Govern"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
They should send an alert telling us to hide from congress. They tend to be the disaster these days.
2. terabyteRouser (Posts: 415; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
They should be getting sued for this. This is very irresponsible.
3. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
They should be sued for trying to create a system to help people in emergency situations? Your an idiot. It's a new system, their will be hiccups, deal with it. Your probably the same person who would sue if we DIDN'T have a system to save your sorry @$$!!!
4. hepresearch (unregistered)
Last I checked, FEMA is a federal agency... irresponsible or not, they can't be sued.
5. roldefol (Posts: 2859; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'll get right on that. Soon as I'm done suing Verizon for holding back the Nexus release.
6. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 847; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Yeah, you're absolutely right. They should be sued for not saying "This is only a test."
Get over it.
7. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
This is seriously what is wrong with the United States these days. Everyone needs to sue everyone else. If you sue these people over something so menial as this then you will be, in my books, the same as that person who sued McDonald's for giving a hot coffee to her son and he burnt his mouth. And so now they have to have that label on it that says: Caution May Be Hot! We need to stop suing people for the stupidest things. And in this case, if you did sue them, all you would get is taxpayer money. So you would be taking money from your neighbors, not the government itself. Great plan genius.
9. hepresearch (unregistered)
10. kingkoopa765 (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
that's weird I got one that said "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IN AFFECT"