FCC says the wireless crunch demands TV spectrum
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Apr 2011, 22:05
The FCC is asking Congress to allow an auction of 120MHz of traditional TV spectrum, in order to meet the growing demand of mobile users; but broadcasters are wary of the potential implications...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. luis_lopez_351 posted on 12 Apr 2011, 23:36 0 0
Phones took over Cameras, mp3's, Telephones, radios, game consuls, Laptops(well tablets did) and now TV. :) sad. sad. sad. for those lost companies but good for the phones :D.
2. deago78 posted on 13 Apr 2011, 09:12 1 0
Not too sad. Records were overtaken by CDs, Horse and buggy by cars and bow and arrow by firearms. When a technology emerges and fulfills a purpose better than the current one, it is overtaken. Such is the way of the world.
4. luis_lopez_351 posted on 13 Apr 2011, 16:06 0 0
the only bad thing is it takes away jobs xD
3. celljrod posted on 13 Apr 2011, 09:43 0 0
Just a question, isn't the old analog spectrum already supposed to be converted for wireless use?