FCC gives green light to AT&T acquisition of numerous spectrum licenses
0. phoneArena 19 Dec 2012, 04:17 posted on
AT&T gets the nod on spectrum covering over 600 markets and 82% of the population...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5746; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"...this announcement may actually grease the skids for the aforementioned pending deals."
AT&T must be feeling butt-hurt about now. They could have saved themselves $8B in break-up fees over the T-mo merger.
2. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Honestly, I think they are over it....
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5746; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You never get 'over' $8B. You move on, but you don't get over it. It reminds in little ways. Bonuses that you didn't receive (which means the new house in the Hamptons fell through, because you have to pay tuition and living expenses for your kids at Harvard). Having to cobble together spectrum deals. Not being able to raise prices to get your next round of bonuses. And, and, and.
4. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i doubt it, they just wanted the market share