FCC approves a Pearl Flip on steroids
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Sep 2008, 06:56
The FCC approved a variant of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip, which adds integrated GPS to the pack…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cartmanez (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
WiFi and GPS. Awesome. Can someone clarify if it is full GPS instead of the assisted one, where you have to be near a cell tower to get location info?
2. (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 08:45 0 0
4. (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 12:50 0 0
Yea, how the hell did they title this a Pearl on "steroids"??? I'm not seein it....
9. (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 15:11 0 0
i laugh when i saw "steroids"~lol
3. pmm122 posted on 12 Sep 2008, 11:23 0 0
Actually Assisted GPS (A-GPS) is BETTER than regular plain GPS. Regular GPS can take a few minutes to locate you via satellite...whereas Assisted GPS can ALSO use a cell tower to narrow down your location for a satellite fix...so it uses both!! Just thought you'd want to know...
6. cartmanez (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 13:13 0 0
OK, but what if you are out of coverage area? does that mean the gps will not work? I have a katana dlx w/ A-GPS. and when i take a picture, it will include GPS tags, except when I am in roaming or no coverage. Kinda pointless.
5. (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 13:07 0 0
I want to know why they are hyping this 2g phone....who cares about its enhanced GPS features, people are not buying phones for GPS on 2g speeds, and most vehichles have GPS built in them now....nice try RIM but try again.
7. JC (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 14:45 0 0
2G sucks... c'mon RIM, get with it!!!!
8. (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 14:59 0 0
could this 3rd version be an 8230 by any chance?
10. anonymous1 (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2008, 19:12 0 0
who cares about this phone go get the blackberry Storm!
12. C-Chicki posted on 13 Sep 2008, 09:48 0 0
Actually in my opinion there is ALOT to care about this phone. Its a damn clamshell on crack with Blackberry technology. Its the first of its kind to my knowledge. And since the Storm isnt any closier to release I am paying alittle attention towards this one.
13. (unregistered) posted on 13 Sep 2008, 17:04 0 0
So maybe Verizon is picking it up, those lower numbers indicate either a Verizon or Sprint version. And all BB's on Verizon or Sprint offer GPS, but not WiFi.
14. (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2008, 22:16 0 0
Verizon didn't the first revision of the pearl last time b/c it was only a 2g phone. VZW will not get this, i bet you, until RIM releases a 3g version, most likely sans wifi as well.
15. (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2008, 17:26 0 0
neither did sprint. If (When) they release an 8230 version for CDMA it will be 3g, on the CDMA variant.
16. (unregistered) posted on 27 Nov 2008, 09:55 0 0
when will verizon get the pearl flip