FCC approves MetroPCS' purchase of T-Mobile
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Mar 2013, 20:22
Last week, the Department of Justice signed off on the T-Mobile-MetroPCS deal and on Tuesday, the FCC puts its John Hancock on the dotted line which leaves the Committee on Foreign Investment, and MetroPCS' shareholders left to approve the merger; the latter is scheduled to take place on April 12th and the nation's fifth largest carrier has already recommended to its stockholders that they approve the deal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androidornothing posted on 12 Mar 2013, 20:28 0 7
Wow I didn't know metro PCS has that much money to buy out T-Mobile??? Kudos to them. Anyways Verizon FTW!!!
16. Cannabis posted on 13 Mar 2013, 01:38 0 0
Other way around buddy, DT, T-MOUSA's mother company, basically got Metro to sell themselves out. DT (T-Mobile) will know own Metro until they are done converting Metro's CDMA into LTE Advanced and 20X20 LTE. Then the MetroPCS name disappears.
2. jroc74 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 20:43 3 0
Whoa....I didnt know Metro PC was like that. But...I do remember the first actual LTE service in the US was on Metro PC. Many think it was Verizon, it wasnt.
I should've known then that Metro PCS was bigger than I thought.
4. denn90 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 20:50 3 0
I thought it was T-Mobile USA Buying off Metro PCS not the other way around
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 20:59 2 1
How does MetroPCS have more money than T-MOBILE and their not available nation wide
6. Alan01 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 21:24 1 0
Because MetroPCS is the public company and T-Mobile is the private company, the deal is structured as a "reverse merger" in which the surviving company will be MetroPCS and Deutsche Telekom will own 74% of the stock.
7. archangel9 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 21:41 3 0
Excellent! Nothing like decent competition. Take notice Verizon & At t.
Now people will get great service at a affordable price.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 12 Mar 2013, 21:42 1 2
Id honestly rather t mobile buy metro pcs what the hell is this??
9. DarkShadow posted on 12 Mar 2013, 21:55 0 1
What happin here metro pcs buy out Tmobile ???? han
10. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 12 Mar 2013, 22:22 1 1
This means nothing as to who owns who. It will be called Tmobile you will be able to walk into the tmobile store period.
11. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 12 Mar 2013, 22:24 0 1
12. Berzerk000 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 23:55 0 0
Hopefully Metro switches their name to T-Mobile after the merger. I thought it would be T-Mobile taking in Metro?
13. -box- posted on 13 Mar 2013, 00:01 1 1
Holy cow, people.
And the ones that relate to it.
14. MartianMe posted on 13 Mar 2013, 00:54 0 0
Now google needs to merge with t-mobile and give us google fiber pls.
15. archangel9 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 01:28 0 0
It'll mean overall better coverage,LTE Advanced,bigger portfolio of handsets and reasonable plans off contract as of 3/24/13. It'll still be TMobile.