FCC approves MetroPCS' purchase of T-Mobile
0. phoneArena 12 Mar 2013, 20:22 posted on
Last week, the Department of Justice signed off on the T-Mobile-MetroPCS deal and on Tuesday, the FCC puts its John Hancock on the dotted line which leaves the Committee on Foreign Investment, and MetroPCS' shareholders left to approve the merger; the latter is scheduled to take place on April 12th and the nation's fifth largest carrier has already recommended to its stockholders that they approve the deal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Wow I didn't know metro PCS has that much money to buy out T-Mobile??? Kudos to them. Anyways Verizon FTW!!!
16. Cannabis (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Other way around buddy, DT, T-MOUSA's mother company, basically got Metro to sell themselves out. DT (T-Mobile) will know own Metro until they are done converting Metro's CDMA into LTE Advanced and 20X20 LTE. Then the MetroPCS name disappears.
2. jroc74 (Posts: 5660; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Whoa....I didnt know Metro PC was like that. But...I do remember the first actual LTE service in the US was on Metro PC. Many think it was Verizon, it wasnt.
I should've known then that Metro PCS was bigger than I thought.
3. 3SM.. (unregistered)
I'm like so confused on this.
4. denn90 (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I thought it was T-Mobile USA Buying off Metro PCS not the other way around
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
How does MetroPCS have more money than T-MOBILE and their not available nation wide
6. Alan01 (Posts: 298; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Because MetroPCS is the public company and T-Mobile is the private company, the deal is structured as a "reverse merger" in which the surviving company will be MetroPCS and Deutsche Telekom will own 74% of the stock.
7. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Excellent! Nothing like decent competition. Take notice Verizon & At t.
Now people will get great service at a affordable price.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Id honestly rather t mobile buy metro pcs what the hell is this??
9. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
What happin here metro pcs buy out Tmobile ???? han
10. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
This means nothing as to who owns who. It will be called Tmobile you will be able to walk into the tmobile store period.
11. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4217; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Hopefully Metro switches their name to T-Mobile after the merger. I thought it would be T-Mobile taking in Metro?
13. -box- (Posts: 3982; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Holy cow, people.
And the ones that relate to it.
14. MartianMe (unregistered)
Now google needs to merge with t-mobile and give us google fiber pls.
15. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
It'll mean overall better coverage,LTE Advanced,bigger portfolio of handsets and reasonable plans off contract as of 3/24/13. It'll still be TMobile.