Exynos-based Samsung Galaxy S4 benchmarks surface, head and shoulders above Snapdragon competition
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2013, 07:12 posted on
By now you probably already know that the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes in two versions - one for the United States and most of the Western world equipped with a Snapdragon 600...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
49. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
same screen same size,different calculation between dpi(dot per inch) and ppi(pixel per inch)
57. chocolaking (Posts: 430; Member since: 22 May 2012)
It's 449.3 ppi. P pattern. OLED will ruin your eyes.
Don't buy it.
37. zlebors (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
quite unfair without showing I9505 screenshot
39. Muayyad (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Does these mean anything? it is all about software optimization in order to best use the cpu without sacrificing the battery.
40. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
there is no limit for benchmark scores.
tegra4 has crossed 36k and Qualcomm snapdragon 800 will cross that also.
I few years Intel will really get power efficient processors and then i7 of futures will be used in mobiles.
so don't ever get excited if you see high benchmark scores in future or now
41. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE EXYNOS IN THE UNITED STATES?!!!
79. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3951; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Because Samsung doesn't have the manufacturing capacity. Only a few select countries are getting the Exynos variant. Only 30% of GS4's made will have the Exynos.
42. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Samsung Die for not not giving the same version to every country. Very Disappoint. (you morons don't give sh*ty comments about technical problem so stfu)
66. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The international has all the tmobile bands, join us and get cheap service on no contracts so you can switch your phone whenever you want.
51. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
we dont need exynos in the united states becasue tegra 4 and snapdragon 800 will put it to shame
54. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
To all Samsung haters
Who did Samsung copy this form?
First place will never copy 2nd place and henceforth
55. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
At-least you have admit first Samsung does copy other manufactures (most of the features).
56. chocolaking (Posts: 430; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Dont forget that samsung started their smart phone business from copying Apple iphone. Then got sued and ban to sell.
You can google it.
62. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
How is this working... You guys are on websites doing reviews and taking Galaxy S4 out and testing? I mean the phone is not even released yet! :-s
71. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
they should have just waited and released it with the snapdragon 800 to make it more comparable even though in 99% of day to day usage you wouldn't notice a difference. I mean look at the nexus 4 what it scores and how smooth it is, just saying
72. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Amazing results, but probably at the end of the day no one will have the Exynos. Samsung aren't producing enough, kinda like the wireless QI charging. All Nokia Lumia 920's have wireless charging, its up to the carrier to decide on the wirless charging for the S4, which they probably won't accept.
75. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
The Note 3 is going to be a MONSTER
And I already have my $900 ready to go
78. R-vjn (Posts: 161; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
HAVE YOU GUYS NOTICED THIS...
The screen density is given as 480, with a 1080p screen. And the S4's (GT-I9500) having a 5'' display which means that the density is 441..!
80. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
when intel starts makings its its quad core chips that octa core will be stomped. look at any specs with intel quad vs amd 8 core chips and you see that intel out performs an 8 core.