Extreme multitasking: the best floating apps for Android
Best floating popup window apps for Android to aid your multitasking Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google’s Project Ara: the first 'Lego' phone toys around with grand ideas
17 Apr 2014, 09:00
Best floating popup window apps for Android to aid your multitasking
LilyPad HD works with the Facebook and MSN/Live messengers, as well as Google Talk, and more IM clients suppor is on the way. After the trial period, you are left with only GTalk support for free, and have to shell out for the rest via an in-app purchase, but there is a 50% off promo going on right now.
OverSkreen offers precisely this functionality, letting you float your stock browser in a window or more above all else, and have Wikipedia on while doing your homework - come on, we know you do it all the time.
2. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 819; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like the ones that Samsung put into the TouchWhiz UI on the tablets.
7. shuaibhere (Posts: 963; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Exactly this is what i was thinking to post...
16. apple4never (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 May 2013)
you guys know, you don't have to post the same thing on every android related article?
4. networkdood (Posts: 5617; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I use a floater for video and for the calculator. Devs on XDA need to create an all-purpose mutli-task screen for any task assigned to it.
5. networkdood (Posts: 5617; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Hey, Phonearena, your slideshow is really screwy....
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 1988; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its not widget. Widgets are plug in for home screen. So you need to switch between the home screen and the apps you are running. Viable but not ideal.
Floating apps allows the apps to run and be displayed on top of other apps.
Floating Translator , No 3. is really useful to me for brushing up my second language. Thank you, PA.
9. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
10 more apps you will probably never find in iOS. :)
10. rizevnarastek (Posts: 313; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
It just adds to show that Samsung didn't innovoate any of it's S features, they just bundled them together under a new franchise. Those things are great but I just wish that I wouldn have to use 3 different apps to do almost the same thing. For example... If I already have a built-in Video player and I can't uninstall it then i want that Video player to have as many features as possible and not being forced to download a third party app... just no point in that now is there...
23. Tech_Junkie1996 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
I don't mean to dissapoint you, but Samsung had the pop out apps available before the standalone apps existed. These apps were meant it imitate that experience.
11. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 813; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
U guys forgot Mobo player. Its one of the best free video players and lets you do the same thing as the Samsung video player.
12. ghanemsam (Posts: 55; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
popcorn player is awesome as a pop up video application
13. revenge_of_jpeg (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
I use Popup Dictionary for translation. It is floating and useful when I read something
14. bajcicak (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
Do you know Floating Apps? This application supports multitasking. Last version 3.1.0. contains new apps.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (limited) (Posts: 1010; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Paranoid android's HALO is the king of mobile multitasking. Unfortunately it is being taken down due to kitkat limitations.
19. shiv179 (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Or you can just root and install the Xposed Framework, XHaloFloatingWindow module... ALL apps can be resized, dragged around, stacked on the edge of the screen! :)
24. elitewolverine (Posts: 698; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
rooting is fun, till a brick happens and warranty is void.
I loved rooting my old droid, I just laughed at people (and still do) when they try to warranty a bricked root.
27. shiv179 (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Still, doesn't take away the awesomeness of Android!
20. Fallout09 (Posts: 410; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I have been using Innocomm Floating Player almost a year now.
21. mmmanuuu (Posts: 129; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Ios and wp SCIENTISTS watch and learn from android.
22. CreeDiddy (Posts: 204; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Developers of Android are turning Android into a better version of Windows. This is what iOS should be...
26. Ahsan (Posts: 19; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
How many iOS fan actually came here to see this article and left this page by crying?
My deepest condolence for them.