Expect Ubuntu smartphone to ship to customers in October 2013
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2013, 01:29 posted on
Check out some pictures of how the user experience is shaping up and see what Canonical has in store for us...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. valapsp (Posts: 469; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Love the UI. Especially the CLOCK. The whole thing looks promising.
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
beware IOS and Android. you're getting a real rival.
8. cezarepc (Posts: 455; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Their real rival would be WP. It's just a matter of time before we see the real effects of shared core.
9. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think the prosperity of this OS depends on the fact that which company will choose it for their devices.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2813; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Waiting for this ... and it would be a nice thing to happen. One needs to wait and see how much of this would be lifted by "some other company" and patented as their own.
5. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Love this...but we indians should wait a bit long to get this....
7. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Simpler than BB10, they're the ones who should watch out. Just waiting for Jolla Sailfish to show its chops.
10. rallyguy (Posts: 516; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I wonder on what grounds Apple will sue to stop it from being imported.
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1229; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I think it's more confusing than BB10..but anyways competition is always welcome!!
it is truly the year of Linux on mobile!!
12. Gaijin_Xiao_Pao (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Looks better much better than Android, that's what I think. :)
14. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
This will be the best thing to happen to phones since android!
16. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Welp....time to break some uBuntu on the desktop....
Someones gonna be gone if this takes off.... I wonder if Nokia is looking at this OS...