Executive: Sony will not enter a pricing war in the tablet market
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Sep 2012, 02:08
With the budget priced ASUS built Google Nexus 7 selling like hotcakes, and the low priced Amazon Kindle Fire sold out and awaiting the release of the sequel on Thursday, a Sony executive says that the Japanese OEM says it wont be drawn into a price war in the tablet market...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. snowgator posted on 04 Sep 2012, 02:16 8 0
Well, Sony, Maybe you haven't noticed but outside of the iPad, there ISN'T a demand for higher priced tablets yet. People still use tablets for fun stuff more than work, so they use disposable income for tablets as opposed to smart phones which are viewed as a need.
That is why I am a little worried for the first wave of W8 tablets. There just isn't a premium market yet, and both Sony and W8 tablets may kill themselves if priced like there is.
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 05:13 4 0
I like Sony, but that's true. Hopefully Sony will do better, it's so far very encouraging.
8. pyradark posted on 04 Sep 2012, 08:07 0 1
yup!! but they know how to blast & impress everyone... just wait & see, they will jump to the top
4. Hunt3rj2 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 04:20 4 0
It's very simple, if Sony enters a price war, Samsung wins. The biggest company always wins in price wars, and the biggest company is Samsung.
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 05:14 0 1
Right, but SS has the most to lose if price war starts.
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 04:24 2 0
The new S is beautiful, S is for sexy I guess.
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 08:17 2 0
It would be nice if they make a 7" tablet.THEY WILL SELL LOTS if they can just llisten to the consumers. ANywa i think their 9" tablet have good prices PLUS A FULL SD CARD rather than a sd card micro
10. lethalmemo posted on 04 Sep 2012, 18:30 0 0
16gb wifi and 32gb wifi versions are available today 04/09/12 in Sony UK online store....