Ex-Sony Ericsson CEO and ex-Verizon CTO join BlackBerry's board
BlackBerry Board Chair Barbara Stymiest had this to say regarding the new appointments:
Hit the source if you'd like to learn more about these talented folks.
source: BlackBerry via TheVerge
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Verizon? No thanks...
5. predator93 (Posts: 119; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
You talk about being unbiased and now you are biased towards a person just because he worked for Verizon in the past?
10. corporateJP (Posts: 1282; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
To be fair to the original poster, although I find it tough considering it's "wendygarett", Verizon corporate is a pretty consistent and notorious douche breeding ground these days.
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Analysts: BB to announce the new 'Xperizon' phones series.
3. Johnnokia (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Hopefully, he will not do what he did with Ericsson, when he sold the company to Sony.
11. jsdechavez (Posts: 676; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Uhm, Sony did not buy Ericsson.. Only the other 50% of the Sony Ericsson partnership.
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
keep em coming black berry :)
knowledge is power..
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They must miss their black berry phones
7. oister85 (Posts: 385; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Dear bert nordberg your the reason that sony is behind in the smartphone world.
8. smallworld (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Sony is not behind anymore. They were before Blackberry, Nokia, HTC and LG in 2012.
9. ohiwastedmylife (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
d**k looks like he knows A LOT about technology... back in the 70's. It is nice to be C level and just delegate everything to smarter people. Blackberry is so dead. They can spend all the money they want to hire more high level people but when it comes down to producing a good product design with good software, look to people that actually understand it.