Evidence in Apple v. Samsung trial shows Steve Jobs "receptive" to idea of 7 inch tablet
0. phoneArena 04 Aug 2012, 18:35 posted on
While supply chain spot checks point to Apple introducing an iPad mini next month, an email released as evidence during the Apple v. Samsung trial reveals that Apple executives have been keen on the idea of an Apple iPad with a 7 inch screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well so much for android fans saying Steve Jobs wouldn't make a 7" tablet. He was very smart and would adjust his strategy when there was a market there.
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Steve Jobs never would have. What are some of the most used words to describe Steve? Well, there's visionary. There's charismatic. There's uncompromising. Wait! What was that last one? Uncompromising?
Showing an unwillingness to make concessions to others, esp. by changing one's ways or opinions. Harsh or relentless.
intransigent - inflexible - unbending - adamant
Steve may have been receptive to listening to the executive's proposal... however, that in no way means he would have put Apple's resources into a smaller tablet. Not after he publicly came out so against them. Remember, he was going to spend all of Apple's resources destroying Android.
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Steve Jobs also said Apple would never make a phone and they did.
16. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Steve Jobs also said you were holding it wrong.
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
No one is claiming Steve Jobs wasn't facetious and self-serving.
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
According to all this we can make a conclusion that Steve Jobs was talking a lot of bulls**t !
36. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And he was less successful as a human being!!!!!!!
42. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"No he was a smart businessman"
Yes, with this I agree.
34. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
which proves steve jobs is nothing but a liar.. and since he admitted that he steals from others.. he's a liar and a thief.
its funny.. SJ admits he steals, but yet your so deluded you cant admit apple steals. that's particularly sad on your part.
37. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
All the iFans are like that.... they twist word's and
make other ways to subside the actual truth, due to
there egoes.....! They just never admit.
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
so much for ifan listening to him when he said he wouldn't as always lied and then started thinking about copying Samsung such an honest master you have.... but hey you are as honest and clean as he was
26. E.N. (Posts: 2522; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I can't believe 12 different people actually understood your comment
29. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yeah I saw that, but is not that hard to figure it out is it? :P
43. jroc74 (Posts: 5260; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
First Jobs, Apple is great for releasing the iPhone, when there was no market for a touch screen only phone like that. You posted something like this before.
Now he was very smart for adjusting his strategy when the market was there?
Wasnt you one of the folks who said Apple created the smartphone and tablet market we know today?
Which one is it? He also said nobody would buy a big phone.....look how that turned out....
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
lol its like watching drama all over again
12. yatmiko (Posts: 36; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Stupid, Last time dunwan make 7 inch ipad now want to make on after Kindlefire and Nexus 7 has shown the good for the 7 inch tablet.
Or this is just an excuse so they can sue the tablet maker, Apple is so innovative ????
13. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
i wonder if Lucy Koh will somehow get this removed.........
14. darkvadervip (Posts: 358; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
It's funny that half the people who beef about apple don't even know how to use there phone other than games, emails, browse the internet oh my fault that's what phones are for but if you just beefing cause you don't understand it don't make any difference who invented it its who put a patent on it first that counts. Now stfu on that!
17. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
I don't believe you're allowed to use that name. George Lucas patented it, change it now.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It will be changed when attorneys for George Lucas send a Cease and Desist letter to PA. ;-) Until then, it is fair game.
30. tedkord (Posts: 6541; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Except that if you patent something that someone else invented, then sue based on that patent and it is discovered it existed before you patented it, your patent will be invalidated due to prior art. It just happened to several Apple patents in Britain, and Apple has an order to print an apology to Samsung because of their practices of patenting the obvious and stolen ideas.
So, yes it does matter if someone else invented it.
33. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Not trying to side with Apple on this, but if this was the case, Nokia could sue Apple for the phone they made a prototype for in '96 with a color touch screen and one pushable button. Apple has so much money that they can throw at lawyers and find loopholes in the patent law. Apple has always operated secretively and their only desire is to make money. Hence why they said they want to be the first Trillion dollar company. Unfortunately, they're getting close.
22. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
Sounds like Jobs love the Samsung 7 tab so much that the fruit is ' inventing' their own 7" pad so they can sue their competition again...
31. Iphone4 (unregistered)
38. chester1 (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Hang on a minute - didnt Samsung already make a 7 inch tab?
So Apple are adjusting to a market (if they go ahead with the mini) - isnt that what Apple are suing Samsung over at the moment?
Seems rich if you ask me.
41. shuaibhere (Posts: 1834; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
lets forget Steve guyz.... the point of Samsung is apple did saw wat the opponents are doin....for which apple is accusing Samsung....
well pointed by Samsung...!!!!!