Everything is bigger in Texas except for Jerry Jones' flip phone
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2013, 14:47 posted on
The Dallas Cowboys are one of America's greatest sports franchises; worth $2.3 billion, the Cowboys are the most valuable NFL team and have helped make a celebrity out of owner Jerry Jones. Jones has become such a celebrity that a picture of him sitting in the press box during Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos created a ruckus after it was tweeted...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
History Channel's Counting Cars did an episode where they made fun of Danny "The Count" Koker's phone. He uses a very old Nokia feature phone and refuses to get a smart phone. Sometimes it's about using what works for you and what you're comfortable with.
Wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Jones gets a boat load of free phones by the end of the week. OEM's gotta do what they gotta do.
4. Jommick (Posts: 221; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Probably a prepaid phone, because he doesn't want too many people with his number
5. Chakra (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Slow news day?? Let the man use what he wants. Besides the man is rich enough to hire assistants to worry about the mundane tasks of swiping on a smartphone.
13. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Hes rich enough to have his own smartphone designed lol.
18. Commentator (Posts: 2849; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Maybe that IS a smartphone he designed?!?
Maybe the phone unfolds AGAIN to have a 6" 16K screen, powered by an 256-core processor clocked at 45 GHz with 4 TB RAM, 32 PB storage, a 500,000 mAh battery, a 100 gigapixel camera, serviced by his own network that gives him 100 Tbps download and upload, and a futuristic OS that would literally blow everyone's mind if they saw it?!?! MAYBE he's just protecting all of us from the greatest thing ever made, because we're not ready? Jerry Jones: SMARTPHONE VISIONARY!
...Oh, and it has a fingerprint scanner, because that's the most innovative thing there is...
6. tedkord (Posts: 7157; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
My parents are very well off (not Jerry Jones well off, but have well over a mil put away), and they both use flip phones. My mom has considered getting a smartphone, but decided against it.
It's a matter of what you need it for. My dad is very tech savvy (build his own PCs, has coded and released shareware programs), but he wants no part of a smartphone. He doesn't even have texting because he doesn't want to text. He only wants to be able to make calls.
7. tedkord (Posts: 7157; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
BTW, did the Cowboys look good last night or what? I was expecting a 20 point loss. They took Peyton and the Broncs to the wire.
33. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Even as a Giants fan (you can understand my hatred and bias) I was crazy impressed by Romo and the Cowboys. I still don't know why the press had a field day talking crap about one bad play on a monster 500 yard+ shoot out against Peyton. You can't blame a guy for one bad play on a perfect game.
36. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
They looked great! All their uniforms matched and everything.
Game wise? They were definitely no worse than the second best team on the field. OK, third best team if you you count their cheer leading team.
8. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
He is saving money, so that he can be buried with all the money he has.
9. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Buy what you like and tell the haters to f themselves.
10. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Fair props to the fella, at the end of the day I still lug around a £5 pre pay nokia phone from Vodafone UK and my 10 year old Motorola V600, works like a charm still. Nostalgic yes but practical for everyday calls, you bet!
14. Jurdiales (Posts: 124; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
At least his phone doesn't have bloatware or even lags... I'm jealous for that.
15. HildyJ (Posts: 220; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
He buys a new phone everytime the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.
16. tedkord (Posts: 7157; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's a good thing Jeff Lurie doesn't have that rule. He'd never own a phone.
19. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
"The cowboys are an accident waiting to happen"...Stephen A. Smith
32. Jurdiales (Posts: 124; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I think there's is someone out there, waiting to be chosen on the Cowboys team, maybe Romo needs some motivation, but what motivation??? I don't know.
20. Heatfan316 (Posts: 503; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
This is surprising! I would expect him to be flossing a BlackBerry Porsche Design, but away the Cowboys are straight trash especially with garbage azz quarterback Tony Romo, he can't even tie Payton's shoes.
22. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Redskins are going to beat them next week. We're finally getting back into the groove.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 15110; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Maybe he can borrow Peyton's iPhone 5S, or Romos S4.
27. inertiatic (Posts: 31; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Which is more offensive: billionaire with a flip phone, or wellfare rat with an iphone?
28. JunitoNH (Posts: 1284; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
That's the reason his rich, he's not stupid. Not spending money on a "phone" and their overpriced contracts.
30. rallyguy (Posts: 615; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Rich people don't become rich by buying things that don't make them money. I'm sure most of his business is in person or on the phone. I don't think he is texting contract negotiations.
31. kindlefireowner (Posts: 487; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm surprised Samsung or LG never made an up to date flip phone. You don't need android, opera mini could handle twitter, Facebook, browsing needs. I would give it 3G, WiFi, 3 inch touchscreen, 20 key sure type keyboard, 3 meg can, flash, HD recording, 1ghz processor, 512 ram, 1GB user memory, 1500 battery. I would load it up like an entry level smartphone.
34. crusher (Posts: 12; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Feature phones are just so easy to use, no need to unlock, navigate use comples and useless menus to make a simple phone call. even with all the voice assitants a feature phone simple is so easy, i for one thinking of dumping my lumina 720 and getting a feature phone to make calls and a 8incher tab for my browsing and social media needs
35. GoVinci (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
To each his own. It just a matter of priorities and what best suits you.