Ever wondered what life was like before smartphones?
Those times sure ain't coming back; though, who knows, maybe they will? But, the fact is that the way we communicate with one another has vastly changed during the recent years, due to awesome stuff like computers, internet and social networks. Some aspects of it have changed for the better, while others, we guess, for the worse. Like every other thing in this world, the digital revolution has its pros and cons. It gives you the power to connect with others who are on the opposite side of the world, but at the same time cuts the connection with those who are sitting right next to you. (Or, maybe we just need to learn to control that power?)
So, what was life like before people had smartphones? Here's a graphic that tries to tell us just that... and more:
Life before smartphones
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
26. moroninc (Posts: 186; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Ah my first phone..the 3310 from Finland.. How convenient and advanced we thought it was. Then the PC became mobile.. Now we use it for everything other than making calls.
2. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
OMG dat last one made me laugh loudly.. :D
23. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
sad but true........LOL
3. Ohrules (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
lol, phonearena, you gave us absolutely no clue about the surprise at the end!
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3023; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lol, i could share this on my Facebook page!!
The first thing that came on my mind after reading the headline was 'Snakes'. Anyone? :)
On a serious note, i think too much excess on gizmos does affect kids growing up. They tend to indulge on technology rather than spend time with friends or nature. Not saying it's bad, but too much is not good...
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 1497; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Smartphones have changed our modern society. Grandpa really needs to catch up!
16. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 42; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
I think we're the GRANDPArents in the future... lol
8. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
That was hilarious!
Funny cartoon, and the "message" is sad but true...
I believe that the future of humanity will be something like the concept shown in the movie "Wall-e".
18. Ray.S (Posts: 263; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Ericsson T10 - built like a tank, gentle like a flower...
That was weird, I know. :D
22. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
i had an ericsson for first phone too:D the walkman380, i still have the box but my brother lost it when i lent it to him :(
10. damian88 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
That is just so sad... //Tapped from Samsung Galaxy Nexus
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Very soon kids will ask...grandpa... how were the days when people had smartphones?
12. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I just got back to using this Samsung X620C as i sold my nexus and the battery on this phone last 5 days + it bring back some good memories
13. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
15. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Grandpa got owned. Lol no ones interested in before smartphone life.
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2378; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Its crazy how much things have changed. Smartphones really have only been around for what, 10 years? And they really only started taking hold in the past 3-4 years.
25. Huny707 (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I'm using Nokia 1112 and i must say im very happy.
27. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I love the ending! Would've been funnier if the grandpa was also using a fone :P
28. shirtlessrabbit4 (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
A wise man once said: "there's no place like 127.0.0.1" reminds me of that, in a more negative interpretation lol