Ever wondered what a giant Nokia Lumia would look like? This is the closest thing you're gonna get!
0. phoneArena 28 Jun 2013, 09:42 posted on
PoneArena has been liveblogging Microsoft's Build 2013 Developer Conference and among other heart-warming happenings throughout the day – like a free Surface Pro – Microsoft had another awe-inspiring jewel tucked away, letting it be known that geeks can be cool, too!...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 359; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lumia Tetris? LOL, live tiles stacked like looks like one big game of tetris.
8. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
that gives me an idea, microsoft should include an easter egg which if activated, starts a game of tetris with live tiles falling down, that would be cool
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I can't believe Nokia copying what Sony have done before.
9. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Copying is a childish word, im starting to hate how people are using it these days. its more like competing here anyway; sony did it first, nokia made it even bigger.
27. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
thing is it's not bigger. the lumia 820s used here are smaller (4.5") compared to the xzls (5"). if you compare the sizes of the active screens or even the bezels, sony's record has not been shattered yet.
hence, there's no "competing" here. it's merely copying a gimmick that was executed by somebody else better.
sony's intention when they did that stunt was to showcase the smallness of the bezels of their phone. the mosaic was made to appear as a giant xzl. with the lumias, i'm not sure what their point is.
29. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
ah, i see, youre right, it isnt bigger in surface area or screen resolution. i dont really think that nokia were trying to compete with sony, they just thought it would look cool (and it does). but nokia still wins in three areas: number of devices aaand weight of the wall (it weighs 2.4 kg more) lol and also being the first amoled wall. and the lumia wall looks more like a wall coz the live tiles look like bricks. booya
31. bipinm (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
But Sony's wall was better....All the phones were synced to give one video...Thats awesome....This pic does not impress me...No offence...
32. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
nokia's is also synced: "the Lumia wall gets you exactly 12000x6400 pixels perfectly synchronized"(para 3)
in the same paragrapgh they said thy created a giant bing map. lie and tell me that isnt cool. also it said "among the different demos" so maybe they also streamed a video
11. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
By that logic, no world record will ever be surpassed.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia Lumia Cinema 3D Smart TV! lol
12. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Nice web name, "PoneArena" what a copycat lol
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uh...what are you talking about?
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
first word first sentence
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh yeah, didn't notice that. lol
That's a typo by the way, they misspelled "PhoneArena".
7. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Funnerly enough, no. Ive never wondered what a giant lumia would look like.
10. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
giant lumia=wp8 tablet was what i thought
18. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Nokia Lumia 10,000 then later versions could be Lumia 10,020, 10,050, 10,021, etc..
20. JulianGT (Posts: 89; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
this will be the size of the samsung galaxy s7
21. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I like the Lumia 82.0 mentioned in the article, lol. Is it actually 82"?
Great concept and execution.
23. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Hahaha. This made my day!
*1st word on 1st line of 1st para.
25. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
they surpassed sony by the number of phones used but not by resolution. sony used 196 xzls which have 1280p displays for a total resolution of
406MP resolution (26,880 x 15,120)
26. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i think no record has been broken. the xzl record remains because the xzls are 5-inchers while the lumia 820s are only 4.5". the addition of 2 lumias are not enough to break the record.