Eric Schmidt sees YouTube as bigger than TV
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 07:58 posted on
At a presentation to advertisers on Wednesday night, Google's Eric Schmidt has said that online video (YouTube) has already displaced the good old TV. According to Schmidt, the fact that YouTube recently reached a billion monthly viewers is just a the first step towards service's bright future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. tedkord (Posts: 4305; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its certainly got a bigger crap to gold ratio.
5. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
IDK. They are both pretty high on that scale.
4. rawbow (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
wait , i thought piratebay was bigger than TV already !!! :D
6. pongkie (Posts: 494; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I don't thinks so maybe he meant YouTube reached the same amount of advertisements as on TV
7. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
YouTube? For me YouTube is in the MySpace pile... stopped going there a long, long time ago.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6148; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yeah right. I only go on youtube too look for oldie tv shows classic tv/cartoons shows.. it will never replace my tv
9. McLTE (Posts: 638; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think it depends on the demographic.
I use youtube as a place to learn about things.. such as coaching tips for baseball, basketball etc.. invaluable tool for communicating that sort of thing.
My kids.. well my son in particular would LOVE on youtube if I let him. He loves watching videos of games.. why, I have no idea. Play them! He's not alone though.. seems all the kids these days do the same thing.