Eric Schmidt planning to sell $1.45B of his Google stock
0. phoneArena 17 Feb 2012, 19:47 posted on
The sheer amount of money involved here is absurd, and frankly it depresses us just a bit. The Wall Street Journal has reported that Google's former CEO Eric Schmidt is planning on cashing in some of his stock in the company...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. alpinejason (Posts: 218; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
sounds like he might know something bad about google that we dont and wants to get out before it is too late
2. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Or the man wants a Scrooge McDuck money pool?
3. JGuinan007 (Posts: 564; Member since: 19 May 2011)
If he wants to bail on Google why only sell .07% of his stock thats not bailing if he still has 2.1% probly wants to invest in a company that Google will eventually buy.
6. tedkord (Posts: 3410; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, he's selling 25% of his stock in google. It's only .8% of the entirety of Google shares on the Market, but it's a quarter of what he owns.
7. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if he was losing faith it would be 50-75% of his stock. He probably just wants some play money.. umm. a lot of play money. lol.
Maybe he is starting a private patent trolling firm and giving it enough start up capital to get some good patent portfolios to use against apple/MS. People forget that apple/MS just won a big chunk of patents in their subsidiary partnership.
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
He isn't going anywhere. He's probably going to invest his own money into another up coming product or has another product and wants to launch it with his own money. What's wrong with him inventing a new product with his own money, why get a whole company involved when he can start from a new beginning.
5. parkwaydr (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I love this pic of him it looks like he just realized " hey I'm the richest a**hole here" and some one snapped a pic of him holding back that laugh that only the super rich are allowed to do............
9. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Since iAds is having a firesale he probably figured now is the time to start advertising.
10. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
The mice are leaving the ship! :)))) Chesk out next week: ''Eric buys Apple shares for 2 billion.''
11. sonisoe (Posts: 277; Member since: 06 May 2009)
he's earned it... he can do whatever he wants... heck he didnt have to work for the rest of his life before this, now he doesnt have to work for twice his life...
12. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
its really great felling.. knowing you are rich as hell,,yeb its great felling.lol.
13. Karan_Malhotra (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
That guy is seeing the future of android trembling down with all that patent infringment lawsuits.
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 650; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
He's not stupid, look at his face, read his mind. Hmm..... I better invest some serious money with Apple.