Equity Research firm says iOS 7 is "far superior" to other platforms, predicts aggressive lawsuits by Apple
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2013, 22:19 posted on
We have never been all that kind to analysts in general, but this latest batch of comments has us completely baffled. An Equity Research firm has put out a report about Apple and iOS 7. The report makes some bold claims, like saying that iOS 7 is "far superior" to other platforms, and goes on to predict that Apple will be extremely aggressive in pursuing patent lawsuits against those it feels infringe on iOS 7...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
21. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I think we can agree FroYo and WP7 are both superior to ios10.
42. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I think we could assume that before this report even came out....
61. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Android users are only referring to Froyo because most of them are stlil stuck on that version
63. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm actually on Jellybean 4.1.2, but I'd much rather be stuck on Froyo than any version of iOS.
64. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you must be so spoiled with JB than I doubt you will survive 1 day using Android 2.2...
66. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Perhaps you're right, but my former statement still stands.
30. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13625; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You should share your time machine with the public.
6. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1235; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Imagine the blow to this guy's reputation if he is even a little bit wrong. I hope for your sake, Mr. Chowdry, that you are right. I can't even imagine what features iOS7 will offer that would make it "far superior" to the competition. I mean I do hope that he is right. It's always good to have competition resetting the bar, whether it be Apple, Google, Samsung, or even a company like Mozilla.
7. biophone (Posts: 1963; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Flips table ... ios 7 most likely won't be far superior to other platforms. It will most likely be a nice upgrade as ios 5 was. This is a bogus story why even bother posting it. It's merely flame bait.
8. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
You mean to try to copy a feature of iOS 7... before iOS 7 came out? Yes. Brilliant. Let's hope the court isn't that much of an idiot to let that kind of thing go in Apple's favor in anyway, otherwise they won't learn that you can't just sue away any competition that doesn't infringe on patents.
9. willard12 (Posts: 1708; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I agree with one aspect of the story....Apple will aggressively pursue lawsuits. Sadly, it will be over inventions by others such as pull down notifications.
14. imneveral0ne (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
They didn't innovate when he was alive. They took existing ideas, and added stuff to them.
23. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
How apple works:
1. Find and copy/steal other companies hard work.
2. Think up a catchy name of so said copied/stolen ideas to impress their fanboys.
3. Launch a slightly upgraded version of the device every year to keep the fanboys happy and the money flowing in.
11. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
they dont do large changes coz they want to fool people by giving updates to 5 yr old icrap.
12. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 254; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
"far superior" just making this wild clam a certain percentage of the population will just believe its true, even if its not.
24. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
"But Apple says its the best, so it must be the best" - randomapplefanboy69
56. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Didn't Apple claim iMaps to be "Far Superior" too?
13. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I always go to Global Equities Research for tech reviews. Looks legit.
15. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Oh crap! iOS 7 will now feature a proximity sensor that will cut the screen off when close to the face. If any one else has this feature they will be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law!
25. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They also have iNear (NFC) to share media, contact information and to make mobile payments. Any company using iNear (NFC) will be sued and dealt with because apple had the idea for iNear (NFC) first.
16. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
No one really knows what iOS 7 even looks like, sure there was a concept but nothing set in stone. And saying that Apple is readying it's lawyers to protect the iOS 7 patents makes it sound like Apple has gone out and stolen (more) Android features.
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Lawsuits are expected. Samsung just won a ban :)
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I think this is another mind game that apple is trying to play on the world, in saying "its far superior than the competition" it will make a lot of people anxious and excited and so excited that when it comes time to reveal what they have up their sleeve, people will "accept" it as .....the greatest thing ever made......even though we know it will still suck and suck badly to be frank.......comapared to android that is.
so what am I saying? people don't be fooled into these "false" promises from a powerful company such as apple, instead call them out for what they really are! and "force" them to REALLY innovate........smh
27. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
That same analyst said this months ago...
32. redcloudsk (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
So f**king funny that Phonearena always try to be a Apple's henchman~ lololol
54. gallison83 (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Looks like you were one of the ones that PA mentioned would jump to the comments before reading the whole article.
As an iOS user/supporter, my faith in analysts is about as much as my belief that a purple unicorn lives in my backyard. Sounds like stock manipulation at its best. There is no place for garbage like this in the tech industry. Good job on the editoral though, PA. Let's at least get to WWDC and see what actually is going to be released instead of blowing hot air over idiotic analyst claims.
34. Scorpion (Posts: 103; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Where are all those analysts that predicted a Windows phone takeover by 2014? Yeah right in Finland maybe (Nokia's home country)
35. Joulukas (Posts: 69; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
Well, this "investigations" show squat. Since "talking to 500 people" will give opinions not facts - the far superior means exactly nothing, and describes more Apple imago as design company, than actual final product.
The concept pictures about iOS7 features are promising and imo show right direction for this half eaten fruit - I just hope they can pull it off and actually deliver some interesting results.
And then there is that "Courtroom Tango", termonuclear war against all that are stealing from Apple "innovative products". If theres even hint of Apples new policy, it shows clearly that they are more focused on defending than developing - resulting in poor products and big fat lawer checks.
I'm actually, as an Android user, really expecting to see "this new puppy" they call iOS7, to see if Apple is actually tring to bring good product to the market, or is still "their idea" about how people should use smart devices.