Entry level iPhone and high-res iPad mini to be assembled by Pegatron in August
0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2013, 05:32 posted on
Apple's sidekick manufacturing arm Pegatron has reportedly obtained the entry level polycarb/finergalss iPhone orders, just as reported before, and also the ones for the second generation iPad mini, according to Taiwanese supply chain sources...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This won't look "Cool and trendy" for iFans
2. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
High competition in entry level segment.... Samsung,sony, and even nokia is there with lumia 520..
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
3Gs specs BUT with a Lightning cable + $399 = Entry Level
4. techspace (Posts: 394; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
no, i think the specs will be identical to that of the ipod touch...this year the flagship iphone will have the a7 with 1gb ram so the ipod touch, the ipad mini and the budget iphone will have a6 processors with 1gb ram....that is more than enough to easily run all the apps and games and get latest software updates for years because its ios...
now talking about price,i think you are right,the price could be around $399 for the 16gb version...
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3495; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It should have the specs of the 4S at least. This year, the 4S should go for less than a dollar in the U.S on contract, I think Apple can afford to make their entry level unit similar in specs to it.
5. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
This crap is annoying, I'm trying to buy my first iPad but its becoming more unclear by the day when the 4 will launch. I know theirs usually no significant difference but that supposed thinner bezel sounds a bit interesting.
6. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1788; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The iPad 4 launched in November of last year. I think you mean the 5.
13. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Thank you that's what I meant. Just replace the 4 for 5 in your mind lol.
8. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
iPad mini is the best tablet around there. Only the problem is its low PPI. I hope they will improve it.
iPads are better than android tablets because of their eco system.
11. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
If you are not a pro gamer, and you are much into productivity then use note10.1 for few days, you will most likely change your view..
14. Sitchiro (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
compairing note10.1 to Xperia Tablet Z, i will prefer to use tablet Z since tablet Z has higher specs comparing to note 10.1 and if your looking for high PPI well tablet z has 224 PPI compare to note 10.1 149 PPI :)
15. srisri (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
i wanted to buy ipad 5 soo badly atleast by september but rumours :(
do you really think they are goin to release it in 2014 ??