Entry-level Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus leaked
0. phoneArena 02 Dec 2012, 21:11 posted on
On Sunday, a new entry-level model was leaked for the Samsung Galaxy line-up of Android powered handsets; GT-S5301 was spotted in October on a leaked ROM and just about the only thing known about the device is that it will run Android 4.0.4 out of the box...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
this is for girls.
7. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
FAIL!!!!! (And actually bigger than the iPhone!!!!!)
Must've taken them quite a while to achieve something worse than iPhone!!!!!
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Too many phones which are more or less the same. Absolutely ridiculous.
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is good for people who don't want to spend 200$ on contract or proably 500$ its a mid range phone so don't dis this phone its good for those who want to save money
5. SkOne (Posts: 87; Member since: 02 May 2012)
it's a low end phone not mid range. mid range now days have the following:
3.5" - 4.3" screens
480 x 800 - 960 x 540 resolution
1ghz -1.2ghz single core or dual core processors
up to 1 gb ram
5mp cameras with 720 video capture
1500mAh - 1850mAh batteries
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
actually in my place, local phone makers has this phone specs...but it is price same with the galaxy y or even pocket!
6. samystic (Posts: 192; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
Samsung has rabbit genes... too many similar handsets with Android... Nokia will remain low end king... by the way Nokia should learn from Samsung approach... Samsung is targeting every band of consumers from a $50 phone to $800 phone... what do you have in mid range Nokia? you have Asha series (under INR 10000)... you have 920, 900 and probably 808 in some places over INR 20000
8. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol... pocket will get an update while y dont?
but hate that so small screen!!!
this is for girls, coz they got little fingers!
9. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
It's not a fail especially in the emerging markets. where am at the pocket is already a very popular phone. It's all about the target group,non power users will cherish this..
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
yeah..but there's local phones like in india or philippines that has an ICS phone but with bigger screen and dual core!
i mean pocket and the y are price the same with a phone with 4-4.5"IPS display ICS dual core and with beautiful looks!!! and very also very durable!
12. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
That's true, and that is where Samsung fails in pricing it's gadgets,, too pricey at times. alcatel ,ZTE and HUAWEI have competing smartphones at cheaper deals
13. molanjames (Posts: 64; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Wouldn't they make more money following Apple's game plan? Produce one (maybe 2 for entry level) phones that are just super awesome instead of 50?