Entry-level Samsung Galaxy Fame is announced with 1GHz processor and Android 4.1
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2013, 02:37 posted on
Here's a new smartphone that is shaping up like a decent entry-level Android offering. It is known as the Samsung Galaxy Fame and it was just announced officially after being leaked on the web several times already. Dressed in pearl white or metallic blue, the handset comes with unimpressive, yet passable hardware specs and Android 4.1 with Samsung's nature-inspired interface on top, so all the device now needs is a reasonable price tag...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
this is the only smartphone that I can own, thank you Sammy :)
5. phil2n (Posts: 483; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I have to thumbs up on you because we are the same...
7. sayedejaz (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)
Some say same design and all.
but ..yes i want all their phone to be ' UNITED '
2. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
jellybean on an entry level device is pretty impressive.good value for money (and yes this comment is diverted towards you htc)
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Everything is good...but i want to know the screen resolution it is sporting.
All those good points will go down the drain if the resolution is below 800X640 or something like that.
My niece has a Galaxy Y, and boy, with that pixel density it's a pain.
But this should be a good phone...i mean not even some of the high end device comes with 4.1 out of the box.
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
320 x 480 pixels with a ppi of 165...even my old 5530XM has a better ppi.
4. cezarepc (Posts: 650; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I had a chance to play with a Galaxy Y (800mhz cpu, 200MB something ram) and it was very smooth. Save for the crappy screen, I'd say I'll recommend it to budget buyers. I'm pretty sure this Galaxy Fame will be an even better budget smartphone.
6. shuaibhere (Posts: 1855; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Only think missing in galaxy ace or y was a good UI.....with nature UX this device should be a good low end device...
8. uchihakurtz (Posts: 299; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
And Ace II is still on Gingerbread... -___-"
10. GoJin (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)
.Samsung really sucks when it comes to updates!
I'm still using my very first Android mobile.
The Samsung Galaxy W i8150
the Galaxy W has a little better specs than this...
Samsung released this phone with Jelly Bean and yet SGW is still in Gingerbread.
I'm your follower! Come on!!!
12. redmd (Posts: 1005; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
the shape will defintely feel good in your hands.
13. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I dislike the names that phone manufacturers are coming up with. They are really confusing and misleading. I think they are picking those names on purpose.
Why are all the phones Galaxies now? So they feel like they have a Galaxy with higher end specs at a lower price tag. A Galaxy will always be a Galaxy right?
Same with Sony Z / ZL. Etc....