Enter the Sony CP-W5 – a wireless Qi charger coupled with a 5,000mAh battery
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2014, 10:13 posted on
The list of devices that support wireless charging is slowly increasing in size as more and more manufacturers release their own accessories, which would charge your smartphone's battery from a small distance. Up until now, Sony was among those phone makers who refrained from outing such an accessory, but this is not the case anymore. The Japanese manufacturer revealed that it is jumping on the wireless charger bandwagon by announcing the CP-W5 – a hybrid between a Qi charger and a portable powerbank...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Xenaz (Posts: 89; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Cool, but I'm sure Sony gonna charge us a lot with this CP-W5 as Sony accesories always tends to be pricey than the others
2. Miracles (Posts: 490; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Yeah if it sustainable to 90% after thousand charges...then it's gonna be pricey. But they make quality and long lasting, so worth it for me.
3. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
they make quality products, they surely do....
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 715; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I'll stick with my USB charger. At least I don't have to worry about the phone not charging when I put it inside my bag with the wireless charger
5. Genza (Posts: 158; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
It looks like you did not read the article.
"The Sony CP-W5 consists of a charging plate, a wall charger, and a USB cable."
1. The plate makes use of the Qi inductive-charging method, which means that it is compatible with any Qi-enabled smartphone, not just Sony Xperia ones. The CP-W5 provides as much as 1.0A of power output when you use it to transfer power to your smartphone wirelessly.
2. you can opt to transfer power to your device even faster by hooking it to the microUSB cable of the Sony CP-W5 and taking benefit of the 1.5A of power output.