Eldar Murtazin says specs for the Samsung Galaxy S III will include quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM
0. phoneArena 02 Feb 2012, 15:35 posted on
Passing along his belief that the Samsung Galaxy S III will be launched in April, Eldar Murtazin also revealed his understanding of what the specs will be for the sequel to the super successful Samsung Galaxy S II; those specs include a quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This will be this years killer phone and certainly sounds like a phone actually worthy of the title of 'changing everything again'!!
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
coming from someone that is named -Andro- not surprise... hold on to your comment until it does come out... -Andro-.. lol...
15. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1677; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
seriously? I was enjoying our little break from you. Werent you saying the iPhone 5 will out sell the SGSIII? Hold on to your comments until it comes out...
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
True, i wonder wtf did he come back! This site was so much better without him.
16. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
why wouldn't andro be excited about this??? This is where someone named andro is SUPPOSED to post his pure overjoyment and excitement.
You go, andro!!! I want the joy to ooze from my computer....
2. Noray402 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
They better have a better way of introducing it to the states faster cause the SGS2 is still in the limelight in the US and now SGS3 coming out i mean I'm all for it as long as an internatiol relase is made ASAP.
3. Socalvenom (unregistered)
4. MrNobodyWTB (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
While I believe the SIII will be an amazing flagship phone. I definitely believe that the ASUS Padfone will have compartive specs, and with the ability to dock into tablet (not sit on outside of keyboard device like motorola did.. bad decision on their part), and in turn into the transformer's keyboard, makes it a very useful, and moneysaving, product.
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Eldar Murtazin is a worthless troll.
I noticed that years ago, and you PA guys should really know better than giving space to him.
7. buggerrer (Posts: 292; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
lol .. so every dual-core phone now is outdated? sh!t i wanna brick my nexus :(
Xperia S .. sorry Sony, but you got served .. again!
18. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Ever look back through the discontinued phones and see the specs on the "high end" phones of just 2 years ago? Basic flips are more powerful now. It is pure unreal....
10. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
sounds like very nice specs but wont believe it till i see it! .. i have tmo, i jus hope they dont do what they did to the sgs2 and put an inferior processor on tmobile sgs3 :(
11. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
So how much is this phone gonna be when it comes out??? 399.99 on a 2-year agreement??
41. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1060; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I know it makes me wonder how all the specs can keep doubling yet the price doesn't. Its bound to catch up sometime.
12. Arpad (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Then this is a nice jump from 1Gb of ram to 2Gb of ram. Wonder if all high end phones will take this route or maybe go with 1.5Gb.
17. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
The RAM is nice. But, how many years are we from utilizing a quad core in a phone? Like at least 2?
Boy, I bet ICS will sing on this, though, and I hope that means better battery life for all. If Sammy doesn't stay on top as the #1 phone producer in the world, it will not be for lack of trying....
26. dsDoan (Posts: 224; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
In your case, I'd ask for better grammar and punctuation.
21. imkyle (Posts: 1032; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If the Galaxy Tab 2 does not have a quad core processor at MWC, than there is a possibility that the GS3 will not pack a quad core.
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
quad core will not always mean faster...the tegra 3 is using a9 quad where as i think samsung are planning to use exynos a15 dualcore 2ghz which is faster(not 100% sure but read it somewhere)...just dont think anyone should be upset if it is dualcore a15 and not the quad
23. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
gs3 will be 99.999999% my next phone i just cant see what will top this or make me decide against it.
30. imkyle (Posts: 1032; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I agree. For some reason I have a feeling it is not going to be a quad core. A beefed up dual core with out a doubt... Galaxy S II still on top IMO.
No question either my phone will either be Galaxy S III or the Note.
31. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Got the s2 UK variant and so far no phone has made me think that I need to ditch my s2 even after almost a year when in the android world phones are getting outdated on a weekly basis for the s2 too still be one of the best is incredible...sad s3 not going to be in mwc but I think that phone deserves the stage to itself,just can't see anyway of being dissapponted by the s3....lol starting to sound like a fanboy
25. shifu (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
SMH no kitchen sink? Damn it They left out the kitchen sink
29. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Samsung please continue to bless us with gifts like this. I thought the note was the best gift ever and now this".....i will forever love you samsung
33. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Please make much better camera (8mp is fine just the quality i want) extra long battery life, no larger than 4.7' S-Plus screen and with minimal bezel or no bezel :)
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6878; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This will be a perfect time to upgrade. This what Ive been waiting FOR!
37. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
So Samsung just announces their dual core Exynos 52-something or other, but the GSIII is going to be quad-core? Kill that noise.
38. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
speed at 1.6 to 2.2
39. Alp1111 (Posts: 46; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
I think Galaxy s3 will suck like galaxy s2. It is slower(may be the performance can be same) than than xperia arc s. the link are here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
42. tronrider83 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
Hi does anyone know if the top of page SIII concept rendering picture is real. I really want that date, weather chronograph clock widget with the sun and moon phases but i can't find it anywhere in playstore. How do i get it? If someone could make this or point me in the direction where i would get it. It looks awesome i so want it on my Galaxy s3.