Educated guess mockups portray the iPad Mini as an Apple tablet at heart, stuffed into an iPod touch-thin body
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2012, 06:28 posted on
A design that's lighter and more compact than the 7-inchers, coupled with a screen size that is closer to the 8" mark, and with the many thousands of tablet apps for iOS can certainly make the eventual iPad Mini stand out in a big way, especially if the rumored $200-$300 price range, depending on the sources pans out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, more like iPod touch in an iPad body, not the other way around...That would cost too much to be priced competitively.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yup. They should call it the iPod Touch XL.
2. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
not interested, i'm more interested with The New iPhone
3. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 350; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
New iPhone and the smaller iPad. I can't wait!
4. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Looks good....i have no prob with apple's hardware and design...i only hate their UI
5. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
In my opinion, this year will be Apple largest launch of iOS Device compare to years before :D
Everyone's were right! Competition really make something improve and improve.
6. tedkord (Posts: 3779; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Educated guess? Really?
Take an iPad, stick it on a copier, set for 70% and press copy. Done.
8. CreeDiddy (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The Ipad Nano (Mini) will be priced at $299. No need to sacrifice margin to compete against the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7. Thus Amazon is not making any money on the tablet as well Google. Apple doesn't believe that is a good business model to reduce the cost of your product to sacrifice margin and revenue. Apple isn't desperate for market share. Companies, like Samsung, Amazon, and HTC will make this move to preserve market share.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting how there has been relatively few leaks about the specs for the device. Chipset? Screen resolution? The iWorld waits with baited breath.
11. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 111; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
There won't be any real leaks (lots of fake leaks) about the hardware. In fact, the whole idea about the ipad mini are based solely on rumors and guesses.
12. JessJess (unregistered)
I don't like et. The outer band on the side is far too thin.
Price is the main thing though, not the design etc. What will it cost, that's going to be the deciding factor more than anything.