Early version of Motorola DROID Bionic's "Droid Does" page shows $299.99 contract price
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2011, 22:08 posted on
A tipster for Android Central revealed what he called an early version of the "Droid Does" page for the Motorola DROID Bionic; the site is set to go live in the first week of next month, says the tipster, which dovetails with earlier reports of an August 4th launch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. ChrisTheTechGuy (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)
why ouch? its a newer advanced technology with pretty decent specs on the phone. expect it to be the same as a 3g single core non-front facing camera phone priced at 200 or 150?
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i remember back in the days of the Motorola Razr 2 and the LG Voyager costing like $400...man we have it good now.
31. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
We sure do. We have far superior phones like the iPhone 4 and soon iPhone 5.
40. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Gee, someone is bitter about an opinion lol. Do me a favor and get over yourself
47. pandamaja (unregistered)
50. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Been called that enough. Sorry, that bandwagon is gone.
63. Chakra (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Bandwagon?? That's the vernacular for people like you who goes trolling on boards. We should make up a hip new word for every time you do troll?
48. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
NO you freaking tool.....its the fact that you feel the need to go into every Verizon/Android thread and make smartass little comments. We all understand you are a pathetic little POS.....but do you feel the need to show it every single day?
If you love your iPhone POS so much why dont you just participate over there with the rest of the unknowing sheeple that love old technology nad not bother with those of us that like Android?
BTW.....when I see someone that has an Avatar of a half naked man you know what my instant impression of him is right?"
BTW....this was in responce to MIZerable in case anyone questions
51. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Lol, and this guy right here has a Droid. Go figure.
Ah you see, that's the beauty of it - it's called freedom of speech. I have as much right as you do to comment on whatever article I want to comment on. Apparently Andrones have something to fear by iOS fans otherwise they wouldn't be so bent out of shape every time someone comments.
And yes, go on ahead and make fun of my avatar. Because that's the best you could probably do anyway as far as insults go lol.
66. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I am with the Miz on this one.. Android trolls are all over the Apple articles and i dont see why we cant post whatever or whenever we feel like it...
69. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Post away. Just so you know, when those people who attack Apple just to do it post, they mostly get called trolls. So just be clear: You will get attacked. And yes: there are more Google supporters on Phone Arena postings. So you will get slammed harder.
Now, bring something constructive, bring an actual complaint. or a legit concern besides "Droid blows, Apple rules" and you will be addressed with respect. Honest. I have seen it.
74. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
because it still makes YOU look like douches. i don't go on Apple articles and troll but here i am having to put up with this annoying nonsense on Android articles. an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
73. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
and I have the freedom of speech to call you a tool......because quite frankly that is what you are.
and believe me I dont think anyone of us fears the IOS......it is outdated on release day.
not once have you seen me on their threads because I could care less about them.....you seem to only care about coming over here and annoying the Android people. Whats a matter you daddy not pay enough attention to you growing up so you are starved for it?
I guess negative attention is still attention and it is all you can get.
BTW.....nice to see you changed your Avatar once I brought it up......didnt you realize before that everyone that saw it just assumed you were a Friend Of Dorothy's?
61. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
You need some serious help for your anger issues.
2. Droiiiid (unregistered)
true, but considering the droid charge is still $300 on contract, and has only a vga front facing camera, only a single core processor, half the ram, etc. This is a much better deal, even though I hate to use the word deal at this price. The charge's price is going to have to be cut or they wont sell any after the bionic comes out
8. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
it has duel core 1ghz 1 gb ram umm read the specs please.
13. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
he specified the Droid Charge and what you're getting with IT for $300 in comparison to the Droid Bionic.
3. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
hm, that's odd. it seems to have the same launcher as the CES model.
6. steven252000 (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Feb 2010)
Some on Android Central are saying it is a hoax/photoshop. Who knows.
14. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
you're just angry at everything, all the time aren't you?
9. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
LOL damn! Go play Angry Birds! Anyway, SGS2 comes out next month, has same/better specs all around and will probably cost the same, get it. Plus SGS2 screen is better.
15. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i doubt it'll have LTE, that's where this phone will shine.
plus i'm willing to bet Sprint will be the first to get the GSII.
11. rocketr2 (unregistered)
bionic has qhd, sgs2 is still wvga.
540x960 vs 480x800.
even the original droid X has a higher resolution 480x854
16. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
that's true but qHD IMO isn't really that much better than WVGA.
35. thing is though (unregistered)
sgs2 is superamoled though which just plain looks waaaaaay nicer..
36. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i agree. my point is qHD isn't really that big of a jump in quality but SA+ certainly is.
12. Smeech (unregistered)
On this leaked pic, height and width are switched around (if you compare how droiddoes.com currently lists other phone's dimensions)
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the specs are spot-on.
17. bigmikey23 (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
Absoulute ripoff.300$ c'mon.HTC EVO 3d has similar specs and is priced at 200.Then Im sure the iphone 5 will match this spec wise every way except 4g And theres no way apple will make the iphone more expensive.Im betting this wont sell well
20. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
okay 1, the EVO 3D is inferior in every way even if they do have "similar" specs and 2, the Apple will no doubt continue to price it's iPhone the same way they always have and that's $199 for the 16GB and $299 for the 32GB. i'm willing to bet this thing has 16GB of internal storage same as the Droid 3 and i'll bet they'll include either a 16GB or a 32GB SD Card considering this is a Flagship Device.
26. evo3d (unregistered)
you must live under a rock or something to think the Bionic is better than the Evo 3D
1, The evo uses a different type of qhd display that's waaaayyyy better than what Motorola uses if you don't believe me go to cnet or phonedog they even tell you cant see the pixels at all on the evo and sensation but on the droidx2 you can
2, The evo now is kinda slow because its using only one core but it still faster than the droidx2 and droid3 just wait until icecream sandwich hits it; it will be on pare with the sgs2
3, it looks better
4, htc vs Motorola ... not even a competiothon
5, front facing camera at 1.3mp vs VGA ... no comment
6, scene 3.0 vs motoblur... again no comment
7, wimax vs LTE.. okay you win that one
8, 1gb of ram vs 526mb.... haha no comment again
9, The only reason why the bionic coast so much is because Verizon dosent care about its customer while sprint actually does
28. droidlova (unregistered)
Where have you been living??? The only reason why Sprint cares about its customers it's because they were forced to. They had the worst customer service and began bleeding customers like a hemo-fricken-philiac. You are clueless if you think Sprint actually cares about you. The same for every company. Sprint is still losing money....still losing postpaid customers, but hey enjoy them while they last. I had them once before I got screwed because they "cared" so much about me. I do pay more, but I dont mind paying more for better service. Any day.
29. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
..whoo boy..i grow tired of you sprint fan boys.
the Pentile matrix does look pixelated at extremely close distances but it's really not that big of a deal plus it helps with power consumption.
i don't know much about how the processors work but i think the MSM8660 (EVO 3D) is in fact asynchronous as you say however the OMAP4430 does use some form of power management as well so it's not running at 100% all the time either and can't be serious about what you meant with Ice Cream Sandwich..the Bionic will get Ice Cream Sandwich too you know and when the EVO 3D and the Droid Bionic both get it it'll be the same differences as it is now only on a higher magnitude and from what i've seen the Droid Bionic will be faster in most instances.
matter of opinion...
that's an ignorant point and again matter of opinion.
that's picking straws and we don't know what the resolution of the Bionic's FFC will be.
Sense 3 is much too integrated into Android and it uses a lot of the phone's processing power where as that doesn't seem to be the case with Motorola's Application Platform. look at the Droid 3's review and you'll see what i mean. there's no lag but people have seen lag on the Sensation which has the same amount of RAM as the Droid 3. if you don't believe me look up phonedog's dogfight between the Sensation and the GSII.
it's more likely that Motorola will use 1GB of LPDDR2 RAM in the Droid Bionic. they're using a GB in the Flagship phones on AT&T (Atrix) and Sprint (Photon) why not on Verizon's?
the Droid Bionic is likely a more expensive phone to build than the EVO 3D. LTE Radios are probably pretty expensive being that the technology is so new. of course this is just speculation but i have no doubt there's a good reason for this. besides the phone's price is not so important when you think about signing a two year contract. the price seems pretty nominal when you look at the big picture.
44. kutz (unregistered)
I think a better comparison would be the sensation and that starts at 200, verizon is just ripping people off end of story.
71. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Verizon ain't stupid. This, the SG2 series, the HTC Sensation and the EVO 3D, and the Motorola Photon will be going all out for the Summer season premium handset wars. While a couple of those are out, It is Verizon's first offering. Why not slap a nice price point on it and see if you need to drop it once all the competition is in? I would spend 300$ if the device is that good. Is it more expensive to build? Who knows. But dropping the price a few months after release is a common practice. Motorola is putting out some real good devices. If it dropped to 200 or even 225 on contract, how much difference would that make spread out over 2 years for a great, high end phone?
18. itsafake! (unregistered)
if you read at the very bottom were it shows all the trademark info...samsung is noted. this is a photoshop. also look closely at the motorola badge...its blurred compared to the rest of the lettering.
21. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i think you may be right about this being edited. it would explain why it's running that dated interface.
22. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i can't see the trademark info though. good job scouting that one out.
24. aphex (unregistered)
samsung is at the bottom of all the pages on droiddoes including droid3 and incredible2.
that being said it still looks photoshopped horribly to me. 299 sounds about right though based off the pricing for all other 4g phones on verizon.
19. Limagyn (unregistered)
1 GHz of RAM ????
23. Davey (unregistered)
I talked to the guy head over the www Droid-life com and he said it's a def a fake. Thank god.
27. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Seriously I could care less about sgs2 having 4g, 3g, or 2g. The phone is amazing and the fastest and smoothest processor out there. The super amoled plus display is the nest one put there.
30. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i agree but the LTE capability on the Bionic would make for a fair trade off from the things you mentioned. it's just a matter of choosing your priorities.
32. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Who in the hell cares? Droids are inferior devices anyway, and that's saying a lot considering it's an Android phone. Lol, Verizon is just oozing at the opportunity to slap bloatware on this phone, and the sheep/Phandrones will continue eating it up thinking "ooh I have a super advanced smartphone."
The thing is, this is just another fruity motorola phone. Why anyone would bother wasting $300 on it to begin with is beyond me especially when there's far better phones out there, like the iPhone 4 :P
Keep your money and save it for something worth buying because $300 for an on-contract phone, a Motorola phone at that, is ridiculous.
:cue the Thumbs down ratings lol
41. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Or you could just post a comment that's actually relevant. But considering Android fans only see the street in one way, I am not surprised.
46. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
that's not true. i see the strengths that come into play with other operating systems too but Android too me is the most worth while.
53. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Except there's nothing worthwhile about Android.
38. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
i agree that Motorola isn't a super-phone maker but that's our opinion. since its running with the droid trademark, vzw will add so much damn bloatware its not funny. anyway whats your beef with android phones and dont try to imply that it stole s**t from other (unnamed) operating systems
42. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
My beef with Android? Let's list them:
1. Inconsistent updates
2. Ridiculous amount of pre-loaded software on a lot of phones, aka bloatware
3. Lots of bugs and glitches that Google is apparently too stupid to fix despite releasing half assed updates every year.
4. Fragmentation. No Android device is the same, which means some Android games will not work on some devices.
5. Software is a ridiculous, unpolished mess
6. Rooting sucks, can't do with locked bootloaders *cough*Motorola*cough
8. Uses a ridiculous amount of data
9. Apps require waay too many personal permissions
10. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING *BEEP* ABOUT N.O.V.A., SO WHY IS IT ON MY *BEEP*ING PHONE?!?!?!
49. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
then why do you bother reading stuff about them TROLL?
54. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Why don't you bother reading my comment first before replying with something totally stupid?
56. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
he has a point Miz. i think you just get a kick out of being annoying and are you serious with that list of complaints?
1. okay, inconsistent updates, i can understand that one.
2. you always complain about that and i always tell you it's easy to remove the damn bloatware if you don't want it!
3. if Google does half assed updates to Android every year you might as well put Apple in that boat too.
4. if you're smart it can work to your advantage like by only getting high end phones.
5. it's actually getting pretty comparable to Apple's App Store selection now a days.
6. Miz, you can root the damn phone with a locked bootloader.
7. that's completely senseless, Verizon has the best service and you know it.
9. they require the same permissions on the iPhone dips**t.
10. you made that point already and it's getting old.
64. Chakra (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
Why do you spend wasting so much time raising your blood pressure, trying convince people who do find positive merits in the android phone that they do like to use? Go take your iPhone, learn to be a human being, and live a happy life. Nobody wants to ready your crap, yet you sadly find joy in trying to piss people off.
70. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
what phone do you have that causes you so much pain, you must have an outdated samsung phone or a low end phone from 2009 for your version of android to be doing this. for fragmentation, google is attempting to fix it with ice cream sandwich
67. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
god dammit Miz .. i agree with you again... dammmm i need coffee
39. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
considering other phones with similar or even better specs have a 200 price tag, if the bionic comes with less than 32 gb storage or a 32gb sd in the box, this price is too high...assuming the forgery is accurate that is.