Early Galaxy S4 adopters in Korea miffed about the launch of a Snapdragon 800 version with LTE-A
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Is that a totally new design?? Boxy...rectangular-ish S4??
Some people will burn!!!!
19. Jack58221 (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
it doesn't look like the S3, s3 mini, s4, s4 mini, s4 active, the note, note 2, mega 6... and the list goes on... guess that means it's a fake. Samsung can't break the mold.
34. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I suppose the iPad 5 and iPad Mini's design won't be the same and stale? I suppose the iPhone 5S won't have the same design?
35. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Same design doesn't matter if its good.
iPhone 5, HTC One, Xperia Z and Lumia. All of them have good design. Everybody is happy with their design.
Every website have praised their designs.
39. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
not s4...they're supposed to show a phone in South Korea, therefore its supposed to have korean characters....thats not korean, that looks like chinese character on the screen and the bottom of the pic.
Korean use chinese characters rarely, they appear most in newspapers or some formal document.
2. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Samsung's goin to lose their customers..............
they didnt even announced abt S4 with sd 800,
they just want to compete wit Sony..............
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
No idea what kind of attitude is this, updating the specs every few months so that they think they have the best-specced phone among all manufacturers, they dont want any other products to have better spec than their flagship device.
If Samsung think they can be ahead of others by doing things this way they are dead wrong.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Totally agree with you. Samsung is being over confident, they think that they can be ahead of others forever.
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If i bought a S4 on day one, and now S800 variant is announced, i wont be upset either. It's a variant to me, not an upgrade. But, not everyone thinks the same way as i do, and they will get upset. Get a new flagship released recently asap, if you wait for months, then after only another few months S5 will be out. I dont mind paying the full price.
But, im happy that Samsung are making mistakes, they need to taste a fall since they are getting overconfident. .
27. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They are repeating the mistakes of HTC. Look how bad were the sales of HTC in 2012. HTC is now learning from their mistakes and Sammy is repeating their mistakes. HTC rises!
3. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
One of the last few things I respected Samsung for is going. They used to have a yearly flagship product. In their flagship, it was the best they could offer. I never liked any of them, but they still did their best. Now they are turning away from that. And Sony are turning towards that, so I don't care.
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Don't be an early adopter, simple as that....
Manufacturers have the right to do whatever the F they want, SAMSUNG doesn't want to get left behind, you can't blame them
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
But it looks like they want the customers feel like they have a device behind the others. I mean the people who bought the first S4. In reality it's not behind the others but by making these continuous upgrades Samsung makes the customers feel like that.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Exactly! They can't blame Samsung for that, they are the one who wanted to buy the Galaxy S4 early, so they should blame themselves.
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Most sheep are stubborn, they enjoy lining up, paying higher price for the defective 1st batch and say they are the world 1st icta core user, you must be a true hero if you able to stop them :)
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
My way of thinking is different - get the device early or it'll become outdated fast. If i buy a S4 after release in May, i have a year until next year May before S5 is out. If i wait for the Snapdragon 800 version of S4 somewhere in September, in less than a year S5 will be out and my device is outdated. Price? Not a problem. I pay $700 for unlocked smartphones without any complaints. I'll let money do the talking. The S4 variants that appear a few months later are not upgrades to me, just variants. Only S5 is an upgrade.
I'd preorder weeks before and get the first batch, better than lining up or camping at a doorstep. First batches are not always defective; My Lumia 920 and a few of my past phones are all from the first batch. I just laughed at a friend who bought an iPhone 5 days ago because in 4 months 5S will be out. It;s also stupid to buy a Note 2 now to me, if you are the type who likes to own the latest flagship gadgets and not conscious about budget.
43. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
of course you said that because you are a Samsung fanboy..but im pretty sure you bash HTC on releasing the HTC One X+.....right?
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 17587; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They should be miffed, and Sammy is full of crap with this. They shoulda had it together from the get go. There are now no less than 5 variants of this device. Sammy you're pulling an HTC.
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
Gs4 is sexy, but overshadowed by gs4 active
gs4 camera us awesome, but overshadowed by gs4 zoom
gs4 is affordable, but overshadowed by gs4 mini
gs4 is fastest, but now overshadowed by this...
of course they miffed :)
25. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
And all of these devices you mentioned are overshadowed by HTC ONE!
44. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Potato is right...thats why Samsung decide to release this S4 with s800 chip...S4 is overhype...just accept it
13. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
For the love of God !!!! Stop calling Samsung 'Sammy' !!!! Pathetic !!!
17. Topcat488 (Posts: 1346; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Please leave God out of this, and tech consumers have been calling Samsung, Sammy for "YEARS" now... You must be a noobie!
23. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Yup stop calling that. Sammy is annoying!
28. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sammmy Sammy Sammy Sammy SammPlastic.. Oh wait.
33. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia lame920 Nokia lame920 Nokia lame920
37. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Lame attempt to TROLL Nokia.. Try again.
45. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy!! LOL
48. taikucing (unregistered)
Scamsung or Shamesung? Which one is better?
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What about the browsing speed? How fast will that be, like intel i7 speed on Laptops....?
I hardly download, but prefer faster browsing and opening web pages with heavy Flash!
I'm really happy with the Octocore version! In the coming months there will be lots of Custom ROMS available, where you can have the option to just have 4 A15s active and have the options to overclock the CPU to 2.5Ghz! Tho battery would be a drain, but under volting the voltages would be like a normal S4.
S800mdp reference scored 33000 on Antutu at 2.3Ghz so the e5410 A15 will score around 38000....
30. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1102; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Any current ARM processor is far from being as fast as an i7 QM, my laptop has an i7 with a max TDP of 45W, compared to the much more efficient ARM chips which have a TDP of 2.5-3W they can't be as fast simply because of the restrictions in terms of power consuption and heat.
20. medicci37 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
American consumers don't have enough sense 2 be miffed. We get everything late. & Never as good as the Asian version
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
That's the price you pay to be an early adopter, device envy over later iterations.
22. medicci37 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would have been nice if they at least announced the snapdragon version before selling the S4
38. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
Samsung milking consumers' juice since the early days of milk. prepare for ultra burn. for non-korean adopters, brace yourself for the ultimate S4...mini...active...zoom...and stock flavoured. :)
42. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
prototype hiding design, dudes, everyone knows Samsung doesn't just show the design of it's phones before launch so they don't leak
because they are unexpected
46. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So where are those Fanboys bashing HTC the time that HTC One X+ is release?? so funny right? LOL
47. taikucing (unregistered)
hahaha... waiting for S4 so long, but when it's coming out, it brought the same ugly design and cheap plastic. Now they make their customers angry with the new flagship just in few months. Samsung is an assh*le company.