EXIF data from Picasa pictures show the LG E960 will be called the LG Nexus 4
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2012, 13:33 posted on
EXIF data from a couple of pictures found in Picasa hint that the name of the beastly LG smartphone, model LG E960, will indeed be known as the Nexus 4; while EXIF data can be faked, the picture was taken by Google engineer Mehul Agarwal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 1158; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I don't care if LG made this device. A lot of you are too harsh on LG to begin with. Lets face it, lately LG's top of the line and upper echelon of the mid range hardware has been great. LG UI has improved too. But what makes this device a mus have is its pure android experience....
But I think I'ma ctually overwhelmed by this device. I was not expecting a Nexus by LG at all. Yo nesicito uno....
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
once they make a quality product I will change my mind. Till then.. maybe this will be the one though I wont be buying it. I like my micro sd cards
8. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I have had an Optimus 2X while my sister had an Galaxy S2, while the LG sucks on software it never had a hardware problem, my sister's S2 has a gap between the glass and the bezel and the glass is unglueing itself..
9. monkeytown (Posts: 125; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
will be the same story like the 4X HD.....camera sucked ass and they locked the bootloader lol
in addition, hardware was cool, software sucked and no way to change that
10. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Umm it's a NEXUS.... N E X U S, which means we will NOT get LG's software but GOOGLE's, and again if it's not clear enough yet, it's a N E X U S, so we will get a locked but EASY TO UNLOCK through fastboot boot loader like we always have in the past.
Basically LG's past history does NOT apply to this phone, they can make good hardware, they have proven that, AND they CANNOT screw it up with bad software and slow updates like the have in the past
2. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
What's in a name? The phone is legendary!
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Now more internal storage! lol
4. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
"LG Nexus 4" means that there will be only one nexus phone this year?
6. roldefol (Posts: 4300; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The rumors only said there would be multiple Nexus devices from multiple manufacturers, not multiple phones. We'll have the Asus Nexus 7, the LG Nexus 4, and soon a Samsung Nexus 10. All that's left would be a Nexus 5 (which may or may not be coming).
18. Kenny_Strawn (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Multiple devices confirmed.
7. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
the phone is quite good ...but i really hope the onboard storage will be like 16 or 32 gb at the time of its unveiling
11. tombcd (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I also can't imagine Google releasing a 8 GB version only, that would be a joke.
19. Kenny_Strawn (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
There IS a 16GB version; it's just $50 more than the 8GB version without a T-Mobile contract (and $100 less with one):
12. Zahrawy (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
why is it going to be called Nexus 4? is there a 1,2 and 3 other nexuses?
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Have you heard of iPhone 1, 2 and 3? Apple also suddenly jump its name to iPhone4 :)
14. shnibz (Posts: 307; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Zahrawy it will be the 4th Nexus. There was HTC Nexus One, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus....and now this LG.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Technically, it's the 5th Nexus device. You left out the Asus Nexus 7. But, it is the 4th Nexus phone.
16. shnibz (Posts: 307; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Yeah I was just thinking phones :) totally forgot about the Asus N7
20. Kenny_Strawn (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Well, technically the Nexus 4 has a 4 (well, really, 4.7) inch screen, which could also be part of it...