EXIF data from Picasa pictures show the LG E960 will be called the LG Nexus 4
EXIF data can be faked which might have you looking at the pictures somewhat skeptically. Even the name of the photographer given credit for the photographs, who in this case is Google software engineer Mehul Agarwal, can be faked in order to mislead the public. Still, where there is smoke there is fire and at this point we can feel confident that the LG E960 will be known as the LG Nexus 4. Now it's just a matter of having the device officially introduced by the Korean manufacturer.
source: Picasa via AndroidCentral
1. Birds posted on 14 Oct 2012, 13:44 11 2
I don't care if LG made this device. A lot of you are too harsh on LG to begin with. Lets face it, lately LG's top of the line and upper echelon of the mid range hardware has been great. LG UI has improved too. But what makes this device a mus have is its pure android experience....
But I think I'ma ctually overwhelmed by this device. I was not expecting a Nexus by LG at all. Yo nesicito uno....
5. ajac09 posted on 14 Oct 2012, 13:54 4 0
once they make a quality product I will change my mind. Till then.. maybe this will be the one though I wont be buying it. I like my micro sd cards
8. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 14 Oct 2012, 14:12 1 0
I have had an Optimus 2X while my sister had an Galaxy S2, while the LG sucks on software it never had a hardware problem, my sister's S2 has a gap between the glass and the bezel and the glass is unglueing itself..
9. monkeytown posted on 14 Oct 2012, 14:53 1 2
will be the same story like the 4X HD.....camera sucked ass and they locked the bootloader lol
in addition, hardware was cool, software sucked and no way to change that
10. crankyd00d posted on 14 Oct 2012, 15:19 5 0
Umm it's a NEXUS.... N E X U S, which means we will NOT get LG's software but GOOGLE's, and again if it's not clear enough yet, it's a N E X U S, so we will get a locked but EASY TO UNLOCK through fastboot boot loader like we always have in the past.
Basically LG's past history does NOT apply to this phone, they can make good hardware, they have proven that, AND they CANNOT screw it up with bad software and slow updates like the have in the past
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Oct 2012, 13:49 2 0
Now more internal storage! lol
4. nbringer posted on 14 Oct 2012, 13:51 2 0
"LG Nexus 4" means that there will be only one nexus phone this year?
6. roldefol posted on 14 Oct 2012, 14:01 1 0
The rumors only said there would be multiple Nexus devices from multiple manufacturers, not multiple phones. We'll have the Asus Nexus 7, the LG Nexus 4, and soon a Samsung Nexus 10. All that's left would be a Nexus 5 (which may or may not be coming).
18. Kenny_Strawn posted on 04 Nov 2012, 07:09 0 0
Multiple devices confirmed.
7. darkdroid posted on 14 Oct 2012, 14:10 3 0
the phone is quite good ...but i really hope the onboard storage will be like 16 or 32 gb at the time of its unveiling
11. tombcd posted on 14 Oct 2012, 16:14 0 0
I also can't imagine Google releasing a 8 GB version only, that would be a joke.
19. Kenny_Strawn posted on 04 Nov 2012, 07:24 0 0
There IS a 16GB version; it's just $50 more than the 8GB version without a T-Mobile contract (and $100 less with one):
12. Zahrawy posted on 14 Oct 2012, 17:38 0 1
why is it going to be called Nexus 4? is there a 1,2 and 3 other nexuses?
13. wendygarett posted on 14 Oct 2012, 18:21 0 1
Have you heard of iPhone 1, 2 and 3? Apple also suddenly jump its name to iPhone4 :)
14. shnibz posted on 14 Oct 2012, 19:09 1 0
Zahrawy it will be the 4th Nexus. There was HTC Nexus One, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus....and now this LG.
15. g2a5b0e posted on 14 Oct 2012, 21:09 2 0
Technically, it's the 5th Nexus device. You left out the Asus Nexus 7. But, it is the 4th Nexus phone.
16. shnibz posted on 15 Oct 2012, 12:35 0 0
Yeah I was just thinking phones :) totally forgot about the Asus N7
20. Kenny_Strawn posted on 04 Nov 2012, 07:26 0 0
Well, technically the Nexus 4 has a 4 (well, really, 4.7) inch screen, which could also be part of it...