EXCLUSIVE: Verizon to launch the entry level Pantech Crux and LG Octane on October 28
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Oct 2010, 03:20
We just received a tip that two of the phones in Verizon's roadmap we leaked in August, will be hitting shelves on October 28th. The Pantech Crux and the LG Octane are feature phones with 3MP cameras and touchscreens. The LG Octane is the more intriguing of the two, as it has an external display, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and a pair of stereo speakers. Read on for the details...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. calamazoo (unregistered) posted on 21 Oct 2010, 04:54 0 0
The Octane looks like a decent messaging device...wonder if those are running Brew
3. Zorin posted on 21 Oct 2010, 15:42 0 0
Looks like both have video options. I know it's not great but at least it's avaliable. And they didn't downgrade the camera MPix on the Octane like with other phones. So hope the battery life is as advertised.
4. PhoenixLAU posted on 21 Oct 2010, 13:29 0 0
So is the LG Octane a clamshell ("side-opening QWERTY keyboard") or a slider ("landscape QWERTY slider")?
5. Shuper (unregistered) posted on 22 Oct 2010, 01:34 0 0
Both are nice. I'd like to see more pictures of the Octane. I was told the Octane was a full touch screen phone, almost a Dare/Versa return-replacement, and that the coming Cosmos Touch (same as a Rumor Touch on Sprint) would replace the Env Touch. Guess none of this is the case? Regardless, it's nice to see phones like this, and none requiring "mandatory data".
6. Stephaney (unregistered) posted on 23 Oct 2010, 19:53 0 0
So is the octane all touch screen on the front or not touch at all? The man at the store said it will look similar to the enV3, so I guessed it would not be touch at all but on some sites they say it will be touch. Do you know the answer?
7. Sara (unregistered) posted on 23 Oct 2010, 20:33 0 0
Is the lg octane a touch screen? Hope not.
8. Sally (unregistered) posted on 28 Oct 2010, 11:16 0 0
No, the LG Octane is not touch screen. The new Pantech Crux, on the other hand, is. The Pantech Crux has a touch screen, and a full keyboard.
9. mobisha (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2010, 16:01 0 0
Why be verizon takin so long to getting stock of this phones
10. zacsti1999 (unregistered) posted on 21 Nov 2010, 20:22 0 0
i've heard the pantech crux is really taking place of the lg versa or the lg dare and the lg octane is taking place for the env3 i think the env2 and the env3 look to much like calculators in my opinion
11. zacsti1999 (unregistered) posted on 21 Nov 2010, 20:25 0 0
i have no idea mobisha i currintly have the samsung intensity and i've gone threw 7 of them over the summer its so stupid and they took FOREVER to get it to us....... or it could be