EXCLUSIVE: Real photos of the HTC EVO Shift 4G
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Dec 2010, 16:48
The HTC EVO Shift 4G looks very real on this latest batch of uncut, real-world photos. It seems like everything that we've seen or heard about this device is confirmed by these images, so we guess the model is getting closer and closer to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. smpdx posted on 21 Dec 2010, 17:29 1 1
Dang it. I was hoping it was going to look so ridiculous.
The color scheme is ugly.
3. luis_lopez_351 posted on 21 Dec 2010, 19:30 0 0
oh my gosh thank you xD thats what i said about its other article
27. VINCREDIBLE posted on 26 Dec 2010, 12:29 0 0
its just the blue plastic wrap thats still on it.
2. cowsrockalot posted on 21 Dec 2010, 17:37 1 1
Those photo's look like an EVO with one of those suckish keyboard cases on!
4. Brad (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 19:42 1 0
Not gonna lie here, this is defiantly not a phone I'd be interested in. Looks to me like it would be a step down from today's Evo 4g.
5. nmbaker1980 (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 20:23 1 0
This is very disappointing first its smaller a lower processor when everything is now getting dual core processors and no front facing camera and the look of it even looks cheap i was waiting and excited for this phone another christmas dream up in smoke. i think ill stick with my evo its been a faithful and fun companion. cant wait to throw gingerbread on it and make it new again :)
6. alhf (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 20:31 0 0
i really want this phone. ive always wanted and htc android keyboard device w
31. renofish (unregistered) posted on 04 Jan 2011, 15:27 0 0
Then, get the Epic.
7. Chris (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 20:55 0 0
If the processor is clocked at 800mhz like the g2 chances are it'll be capable of being overclocked to speeds close to 2ghz. If that's the case, this could be a great phone
8. irishtexmex (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 23:13 0 0
Yes, for those complaing about the "downgraded" processor from the Evo's 1ghz, don't worry. The 800mhz processor in this one (if it is in fact the same one as the G2's) is MUCH better than the Evo's processor. It is a bit snappier and has more improved battery life (due to reduced chip dye size). AND has the ability to be overclocked to near 2ghz like posted above earlier.
tl;dr - Don't worry. This processor is faster than the Evo's AND more battery efficient.
9. Dre (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 00:52 0 0
Yep....that's my next phone.
10. sonisoe posted on 22 Dec 2010, 01:06 0 0
its ugly but i dont care, if it's still 4.1inch and got a keyboard, am in.... hopefully, the real thing isnt that bad looking....
11. Miguelprking posted on 22 Dec 2010, 01:47 0 1
wow i hope its a lot better than this and i better have a better processor because I've been waiting for this phone because it has a keyboard. It needs to be better than this or HTC just failed with this phone. It doesn't even look like it has a front facing camera on it. HTC i hope you prove me wrong cause so far this phone looks like it was made before the Evo.
12. B, (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 03:15 0 1
From all the pictures I have seen floating around the front facing camera should be were that guys thumb is...I have been waiting for this phone and I am not blown away but only because the specs haven't been confirmed.
The panel around the keyboard doesn't seem to look all that great in color but i think it could be the flash of that camera.
I keep hearing about this upgraded 800mhz processor that suppose to be better then what the evo has. Which sounds like crap, last i checked numbers dont lie and 800mhz is less the 1gb...
but on the other had i am getting this to replace my blackberry curve so it doesn't really matter.
Anyone know when there planning on gingerbread updates?
30. R (unregistered) posted on 30 Dec 2010, 09:53 0 0
lol @ people who think Mhz is everything.
13. drizzy (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 09:33 0 0
They really need to import a front facing camera. If they do that it will be bettter than the EVO. Im not to worried abot the processor because i also heard 800 can go up to a 2gb. The main thing i want is the front facing camera. if im dissappointed with this phone im getting the EPIC.
14. markoel (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 09:46 0 0
I'd rather have the EPIC 4G if i were to choose.
15. dtreo (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 10:08 0 0
That backside photo looks exactly like my Touch Pro2 sliding mechanism slots. Does this indeed use that much preferred slider instead of the G2 hinge garbage? I certainly hope so since it makes the phone feel so much more solid in hand, especially over time with lots of use. Go pick up a G2 demo unit in a store...they are all falling apart.
16. Pasteur (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 11:11 0 0
This phone looks cheap!!!!The epic is a better phone beside no front facing camera!!!Honestly it looks like a watered down evo with a keyboard!!!
17. WillieFDiaz posted on 22 Dec 2010, 11:15 1 0
This thing is so ugly, it SHOULD NOT be called an "EVO" at all. It should be called "HTC SHIT 4G" - yeah, thats right, "SHIT" not "SHIFT".
18. Rane (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 12:21 1 0
wtf did they do to you evo! looks like Dr.Frankenstein had a go with this phone
19. YoMommazBallz (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 14:14 0 0
Wow...that is one busted phone. I'll stick with my original Evo, not gonna drop that phone for a while cuz it is kick azz!
20. Pasteur (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 14:46 0 0
This phone should be for T-mobile not sprint its ugly!!! Can someone please tell why anyone would by this phone?? It's like someone is pulling a prank on sprint!!LMAO!! If HTC keeps making ugly phone's like this for the upcoming year I will drop them get me a Samsung!! I have the evo I love it and my wife has the epic two nice phone's but this ugly looking phone would put the evo down!!! Please Sprint change the name to "Crappy Ugly Phone"maybe some idiot would buy it!!
21. Technista (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 16:41 0 0
I figure both fingers, in both pics are blocking "something" (*cough* front facing camera) on purpose eh?
22. thoth posted on 22 Dec 2010, 18:40 0 0
Ummmm why would anyone want this phone when (suposedly) Sprint will get the LG optimus 2????????
25. jimmymanny (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 20:35 0 0
Because some people need a phone now and not in 6 months.
23. qwerty (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 18:46 0 0
its GHz not GB! god u guys are idiots
24. jimmymanny (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 20:33 0 0
This is my next phone. Once they remove that ugly blue film it will look a lot better. It isn't chrome either, just gray plastic reflecting funny off the camera flash. Great looking phone here that will outperform anything currently available from Sprint.
26. mike (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 20:44 0 0
I think the blue around the keyboard is a protective plastic wrap. I am hoping this phone has a little better official specs. I kinda like the look and it looks practical for me. I just think the unofficial specs are not good enough for CES. So if it will be there, I am expecting some surprise (800mhz dual core!!!! doubt it but who knows!)
28. arokingpin posted on 27 Dec 2010, 02:21 0 0
What makes this better than the already existing epic?
29. john (unregistered) posted on 28 Dec 2010, 13:57 0 0
The only thing better in my opinion is that it is made by HTC which means it will get updated reliably. The Epic is still running Android 2.1. The Evo Shift will probably be on 2.3 before the Epic is even on 2.2. This doesn't seem to be an issue with HTC phones.