EVO 4G LTE vs Epic 4G Touch vs Photon 4G vs iPhone 4S: specs comparison
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:22
Now that Sprint has announced that its new flagship handset is right around the corner, it only makes sense for us to compare what it's going to offer ot the current powerhouses in the carrier's line-up...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:28 12 0
I think you made a typo, iPhone has 3.5 inch display, not 4.5
3. downphoenix posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:31 14 0
not just that but the fact that they resized it to make it bigger than the Photon is funny :)
23. snowgator posted on 04 Apr 2012, 20:35 0 0
2 hours later, still wrong on the graph. What is up, PA?
2. Habib posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:29 3 0
IPHONE 4S 4.5 inch IPS display?
fix it por favor :)
5. Croxy posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:32 1 0
Apple iPhone 4s with a 4.5 inch display.. :D
and I thought that HTC one series didn't have expandable memories.. They made some adjustments for Sprint or a mistake?
8. Markizzle21 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:41 4 0
They made an adjustment on the Evo LTE. It does have expandable memory
7. veritech posted on 04 Apr 2012, 18:39 1 0
They made another error, the Motorola Photon only has a 720P Video camera.
14. theBankRobber posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:20 5 3
Sad part is, 720p , 1080p, its still a s**tty camera. I HATE taking videos or pictures with my Photon. But still love the hardware :)
18. lsutigers posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:32 1 1
I used to have one and thought the camera stills and videos were fine. Not as good as the Epic Touch but not too far off.
17. lsutigers posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:31 0 0
Didn't the last update to the Photon include 1080p video? The phone is definitely capable of 1080p as the US Cellular version (Electrify) has this update.
19. theBankRobber posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:36 4 0
No 1080p update yet, auto focus is just horrible and it might seem fine to you but my wife's 5mp evo 3d produces way better pictures and videos. Trust me, out of 143pictures I have taken, only a handful came out good. My Evo 4G takes better pictures. But again, bought the camera for the hardware.
25. kanagadeepan posted on 04 Apr 2012, 21:54 1 0
Actually the camera app from Droid 3 records 1080p video in Photon... Yes, Photon is capable but restricted by sw.. Goto XDA for the mod... It is working 100%... But the image/video quality is same, not much improved...
10. gallitoking posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:00 1 3
is funny how the phone of the year is not schedule to get ICS, hate to say this but told you so.. is Samsung... and that's how they rolled... they wouldn't roll ICS so it wouldn't steal the thunder from the SGSIII
13. belovedson posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:16 0 1
the nexus s variant just now got ice cream.....and what the heck is your point.
15. gallitoking posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:25 1 3
Nexus? was the Nexus phone of the year or Samsung flagship device... ?.. again for Android users... the SGSII not Nexus not the Note.. ok.. thank you.. dammm quad core phones running on a single brain...
11. baldilocks posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:10 2 4
The iPhone 4S also has a 1.3MP front facing camera.....
16. SGSII posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:26 1 1
Ummm no it doesn't... They made more mistakes then I can count on this, but they are actually right on that one. LOL they made the iphone better than it really is in almost every category. Isheeo :D
12. ledbetterp3 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 19:15 1 2
In the iPhone 4s vs HTC one x comparison, they said the one x was bulky and weighed a lot, but this says the 4s actually weighs more. Not sure if sprint's version was modified, but yeah..
26. Fallout09 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 22:05 3 0
Nope, the HTC One X review was completed by a tool and apparently was paid off by Apple to slander the good name of HTC.
31. ngo2dd posted on 05 Apr 2012, 12:36 2 1
No one in PA is paid by Apple, stop being a little butt hurt fanboy. I like HTC more then the next guys but I am not a little crybaby like you.
22. snowgator posted on 04 Apr 2012, 20:33 3 0
HTC does like their 4.7" screens, don't they?
I really liked the Photon when we were shopping Sprint. Thought it was a great performer, and I am really happy it is getting ICS. But the Epic 2 was a fantastic device, the best of the U.S. GS2 offerings in my opinion. The EVO LTE has a great name to live up to. Will be fun to see ICS on this size of screen.
I understand why PA uses the iPhone on these comparisons (iPhone's always= more hits). But, come on- those wanting the iPhone ain't going to buy one of the other 3, and no one who is shopping for these large to massive Androids is going to be tempted by the iPhone. Silly comparison.
28. threeline posted on 05 Apr 2012, 00:17 1 0
I agree. People who go out shopping for a new Android phone don't end up coming home with the iPhone and people who go out shopping for a iPhone usually don't end up with an Android phone when they get home. When people go out looking for either of these devices they have already decided that the other platform is not for them and they can't be persuaded.
24. zackh121556 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 21:49 1 0
Wow I'm starting to thing even PhoneArena wished the iPhone had a bigger screen lol
27. pimix2009 posted on 04 Apr 2012, 22:44 0 1
Now Im starting to believe it when people say Phonearena favors the iphone
32. Non_Sequitur posted on 05 Apr 2012, 14:20 0 0
How an 800 MHz phone gets so popular, I DO not know.
I love my E4GT, but I'm going to upgrade to either the Evo 4G LTE or the SGSIII.
33. paynekiller posted on 06 Apr 2012, 07:17 0 0
Doesn't make sense to upgrade unless you are in an LTE Area, unless you're an area that doesn't even have WiMAX yet.
34. Non_Sequitur posted on 07 Apr 2012, 06:11 0 0
I have WiMAX. Since I live next to a major city, Sprint will probably put LTE near me soon.
35. twister posted on 11 Apr 2012, 21:31 0 0
how do you use the kickstand while the device is charging? Its on the same side the device stands on. Come on HTC how did you not see that with all that research on what the CONSUMER would want???
37. nathen posted on 14 Jul 2012, 23:50 0 0
twister this is true of the photon as well. I was stunned as you thinking how could the developers not see this!lol, well i felt kinda sill when I found that the kickstand is meant to be leaned on either side so that instead of the 7 shape it is also meant to be held up in the L shape. So the kickstand holds up on both sides. hee drove me crazy for months!
36. nathen posted on 14 Jul 2012, 23:42 0 0
please update. moto photon now with last update does full 1080p video recording.