EVO 4G LTE vs Epic 4G Touch vs Photon 4G vs iPhone 4S: specs comparison
Now that Sprint has announced that its new flagship handset is right around the corner, it only makes sense for us to compare what it's going to offer ot the current powerhouses in the carrier's line-up. By looking at its specs sheet, it becomes evident that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has all the assets to become one worthy successor to the mighty EVO 4G, but if that really turns out to be the case remains to be seen. What we mean here is that specs, as cool as they can be, are only one side of the story, but for now that's all we have to work with.
Let's see which Sprint handset has the biggest guns!
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3278; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I think you made a typo, iPhone has 3.5 inch display, not 4.5
3. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
not just that but the fact that they resized it to make it bigger than the Photon is funny :)
23. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
2 hours later, still wrong on the graph. What is up, PA?
2. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
IPHONE 4S 4.5 inch IPS display?
fix it por favor :)
5. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Apple iPhone 4s with a 4.5 inch display.. :D
and I thought that HTC one series didn't have expandable memories.. They made some adjustments for Sprint or a mistake?
8. Markizzle21 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
They made an adjustment on the Evo LTE. It does have expandable memory
7. veritech (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
They made another error, the Motorola Photon only has a 720P Video camera.
14. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Sad part is, 720p , 1080p, its still a s**tty camera. I HATE taking videos or pictures with my Photon. But still love the hardware :)
18. lsutigers (Posts: 560; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
I used to have one and thought the camera stills and videos were fine. Not as good as the Epic Touch but not too far off.
17. lsutigers (Posts: 560; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Didn't the last update to the Photon include 1080p video? The phone is definitely capable of 1080p as the US Cellular version (Electrify) has this update.
19. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
No 1080p update yet, auto focus is just horrible and it might seem fine to you but my wife's 5mp evo 3d produces way better pictures and videos. Trust me, out of 143pictures I have taken, only a handful came out good. My Evo 4G takes better pictures. But again, bought the camera for the hardware.
25. kanagadeepan (Posts: 519; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Actually the camera app from Droid 3 records 1080p video in Photon... Yes, Photon is capable but restricted by sw.. Goto XDA for the mod... It is working 100%... But the image/video quality is same, not much improved...
10. gallitoking (Posts: 4572; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is funny how the phone of the year is not schedule to get ICS, hate to say this but told you so.. is Samsung... and that's how they rolled... they wouldn't roll ICS so it wouldn't steal the thunder from the SGSIII
13. belovedson (Posts: 811; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the nexus s variant just now got ice cream.....and what the heck is your point.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4572; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nexus? was the Nexus phone of the year or Samsung flagship device... ?.. again for Android users... the SGSII not Nexus not the Note.. ok.. thank you.. dammm quad core phones running on a single brain...
11. baldilocks (Posts: 411; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
The iPhone 4S also has a 1.3MP front facing camera.....
16. SGSII (Posts: 53; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Ummm no it doesn't... They made more mistakes then I can count on this, but they are actually right on that one. LOL they made the iphone better than it really is in almost every category. Isheeo :D
12. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
In the iPhone 4s vs HTC one x comparison, they said the one x was bulky and weighed a lot, but this says the 4s actually weighs more. Not sure if sprint's version was modified, but yeah..
26. Fallout09 (Posts: 397; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nope, the HTC One X review was completed by a tool and apparently was paid off by Apple to slander the good name of HTC.
31. ngo2dd (Posts: 731; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
No one in PA is paid by Apple, stop being a little butt hurt fanboy. I like HTC more then the next guys but I am not a little crybaby like you.
22. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
HTC does like their 4.7" screens, don't they?
I really liked the Photon when we were shopping Sprint. Thought it was a great performer, and I am really happy it is getting ICS. But the Epic 2 was a fantastic device, the best of the U.S. GS2 offerings in my opinion. The EVO LTE has a great name to live up to. Will be fun to see ICS on this size of screen.
I understand why PA uses the iPhone on these comparisons (iPhone's always= more hits). But, come on- those wanting the iPhone ain't going to buy one of the other 3, and no one who is shopping for these large to massive Androids is going to be tempted by the iPhone. Silly comparison.
28. threeline (Posts: 230; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I agree. People who go out shopping for a new Android phone don't end up coming home with the iPhone and people who go out shopping for a iPhone usually don't end up with an Android phone when they get home. When people go out looking for either of these devices they have already decided that the other platform is not for them and they can't be persuaded.
24. zackh121556 (Posts: 98; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Wow I'm starting to thing even PhoneArena wished the iPhone had a bigger screen lol
27. pimix2009 (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
Now Im starting to believe it when people say Phonearena favors the iphone
32. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
How an 800 MHz phone gets so popular, I DO not know.
I love my E4GT, but I'm going to upgrade to either the Evo 4G LTE or the SGSIII.
33. paynekiller (Posts: 134; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Doesn't make sense to upgrade unless you are in an LTE Area, unless you're an area that doesn't even have WiMAX yet.
34. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I have WiMAX. Since I live next to a major city, Sprint will probably put LTE near me soon.
35. twister (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
how do you use the kickstand while the device is charging? Its on the same side the device stands on. Come on HTC how did you not see that with all that research on what the CONSUMER would want???
37. nathen (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
twister this is true of the photon as well. I was stunned as you thinking how could the developers not see this!lol, well i felt kinda sill when I found that the kickstand is meant to be leaned on either side so that instead of the 7 shape it is also meant to be held up in the L shape. So the kickstand holds up on both sides. hee drove me crazy for months!
36. nathen (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
please update. moto photon now with last update does full 1080p video recording.