Dust fix for Nokia Lumia 920's front-facing camera is now ready
0. phoneArena 18 May 2013, 16:48 posted on
You might recall that back in March, there was talk that Nokia was going to issue a sheath to help fix a problem with dust that was accumulating on the Nokia Lumia 920; more specifically, the dust was settling underneath the front-facing camera and the proximity sensor on the device. According to a reliable source who works for Nokia Care the sheath is now available...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
This is yet another sign that Nokia genuinely values and looks after the needs of customers who buy their products. I haven't had any problem with dust on the front facing camera myself, but at least the company is willing admit to the issue, and offer a potential fix...
My Lumia 920 has been rock solid, and I am very happy with my purchase thus far!
5. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Only five thumbs down? You people are pathetic...go ask Sammy for a raise!
7. akki20892 (Posts: 3243; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
because jealouse of nokia service and nokia's fans.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like, we are Laughing our a$$ off....
Jealous of what....?
Service for what...?
Wp8 Nokia is a year behind Androids OEMS, every Android OEMS are doing well, except Nokia+Wp8 which is struggling and being funded to be kept floating. BB and Wp8+Nokia are on sinking ship. Low budget and midrange Nokia devices are selling kinda well, not high ends. So where's the profit...?
Android users, fans are proud, cause Sony, htc, Lg, SS are doing well, so there fans are level headed, and proud.
11. Maddy (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
You illiterate troll.....yeah cos low budget nokia phones is butter smooth than octa core samsung galaxy s4 ?
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's off topic, read my post!
What has that got to do with sales?
25. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The Galaxy S4 is smooth, it is the sprint variant that lags. Blame Sprint and their crappy support.
26. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Its smooth for the same reason the iphone is smooth. Literally nothing is running but a few things at a time while android has much more going on and has real multitasking.
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1801; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
like anyone asked for ur reviews copy pasting 2 year old comment doesnt change ur mental level fool
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3243; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
we are talking about customer services not selling phones dude......!!! and what if Sammy, htc, lg, sony without android think about it.
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There is Tizen, Meego, Maeemo.
They would never turn or rely on Wp8 scrap fail platform, even ios is much better than Wp8!
35. akki20892 (Posts: 3243; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
meego and maeemo is made by nokia and this two can use on only nokia phones, and tizen don't know how tizen will we know the bada.
38. Alex123 (Posts: 188; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Because people want to experience the WP8 with midrange first then they surely get a high-end ones. of course, I also purchased a midrange Nokia's Lumia 720, it's comparable with Samsung's S3. I used some Model of Samsung's S advance, S Duos, S2 and S3, you know when we used android and android and android again feel boring so i decided to switch to new experience with Nokia's lumia. I don't hate android and you should not hate WP8 as well, if you don't want to try then forget it!
36. joey_sfb (Posts: 2527; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Urban Phantom, i am glad you are happy with your Nokia purchase.
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Certainly, a 'certain' company might have charged a 'certain' amount of money for this sheath.
3. GoBears (Posts: 333; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Nah, they just would've said you're cleaning your house wrong.
12. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
LoL that one was good....
iTroll...here the discussion is about Nokia...
Not Apple ..who says " You are Not getting the Network Signals? means you are Holding the Phone Wrong "....
We don't want excuses for the Problem but solutions....
6. akki20892 (Posts: 3243; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
that's fast nokia....!!! And Customer service from nokia is always great.
8. mydi.maus (unregistered)
too bad its not dust resistance like SONY:)
9. evarod48 (Posts: 136; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
there's so much dust in my HTC, where's my sheath!
22. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
It's pretty much that. For those who haven't already replaced it with the manufacture warranty. (which I would assume nokia started putting the sheaths on previous shipments beforehand; probably not to much later though since this is the fastest I've seen a company react to a flaw they overlooked )
17. decent4u (Posts: 71; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Atleast Nokia is admitting the mistake they made and offering a fix free of cost unlike apple which said deal with the problems
(i like nokia) hehe
18. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
what a steaming pile of crap.
as far as I know only xperia z is dustproof and waterproof.. The rest give a damn about their whatever-proof and unless a phone is a monolith, dust will get under the outer shell no matter what.
23. Taters (Posts: 2584; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This is the reason why Apple and Samsung rule the mobile landscape. They rarely have issues like this and in that rare case when they do, they don't take 6 months to fix it. HTC is even worse than Nokia believe it or not.
27. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Apple would charge you to fix the issue while Samsung would atleast fix it under warranty.
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
this is reall funny, are you samsungs defense fairy?
everytime you comment its to defend samsung even on none samsung articles.
you dont know what samsung would do, there slowly starting to follow the apple principles, its what happens when you are on top and know you can sell your devices thanks to fanboys like yourself.
ohh and answer this as ive been trying to get you fanboys to answer yet you never do
apple sells millions- you claim its a herd mentality
samsung sells millions- same doesnt apply
why is this fanboy? everything you slate apple for can be thrown at samsung for the most part
ohh and you and tater tots make a good couple, your both deluded
33. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O you forgot all the Android fans like me and so many loads others, you should no who they are.....
The Web in infested with Android, hardly any Apple and wp fans.
34. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL, did your cheque from Sammy appear in the mail yet?
30. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wonder what I can do to get this taken care of. This dust has annoyed me for a while now. I've called att but they apparently don't have any data on that.
31. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Too bad there are no care centers here in the us.
39. rick_7428 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 May 2013)
I took my 920 to nokia care few days ago and they said they ll provide shealth to the problem and now after receiving the phone the dust has again started to collect on the very second day itself in the FFC ! The nokia care units in India really suck at customer services , they kept my phone for 10 days and didnt do anything ! All they did is cleared the ffc and wasted my time.. I regret wasting so much money on flagship phone ! I contacted online customer support for phone replacement they replied there no such thing in their policy I was like what the hell ! SERIOUSLY!! Totally fed up I ll never refer nokia phones to anyone in India atleast considering the after sales services !