Dude, that's rude! Samsung puts up live installations to belittle Apple Maps in Australia
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2012, 06:53 posted on
Samsung would never miss a chance to take advantage of an Apple slip, and two beat up vehicles in Australian cities it made an exhibition of prove it. Remember the Australian police warning not to use Apple Maps to get around arid national park territories in the middle of nowhere, as you might end up, well, in the middle of nowhere?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nwright94 (unregistered)
This is funny lol, I'm an apple user but its great to see them get a taste of their own medicine for once.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Funny. Use GS III Navigation? Actually they (Samsung) don't even own the maps. They are bragging about Google maps, which can also be accessed from ANY phone (or OS). SS just happens to have a good app (gMaps) which is also provided by Google.
At least Apple owns their mapping data.. and seemingly improving it.
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, that's OK dude. SS obviously pays Google for the data so they have the bragging right.
17. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Sammy doesn't pay a cent to Google for their maps. Google maps come with the hole Android package. Apple should let both Google maps and their own maps instead of making all this mess!
20. MeoCao (unregistered)
Nobody has to pay for Google Maps, but if some1 makes their own map application using Google's Map API they will have to pay for the data.
Navigon is not Google maps.
15. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
improving? maybe but deal with that iPhone has been and will always be inferior...especially in maps...will never meet Google maps quality
enjoy your icon board....does it know anything else than icons? multi user API, photo sphere, moving things on desktop, democracy? :)
22. brucewayne (Posts: 29; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
what does apple have to brag about? screens and chips made by samsung? camera sensor made by sony?
then why cant samsung brag about awesome maps made by google when infact they are using the os made by google?..Man you just seem so dumb.!!
36. Hollywould (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
Funny how no one can just laugh at this...It's funny. Why find a reason to start a war? Oh wait, it's PA. Nevermind!
46. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea i just LAUGED MY ASS OFF, when i seen this one! Samsung is funny as hell for this one haha......
40. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
We're not talking about Google Maps but Navigon by Garmin, a dedicated GPS service on the GSIII. Read first please.
43. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I don't get how people can just comment without knowing the facts. Apple didn't fetch all the mapping data for their Maps. It's provided by TomTom. Make good use of your time, do some research before starting a slug fest. There's a thing called Google.com for everyone's needs
49. abish1234 (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
ur an idiot..Samsung has its own navigation technology.. its Called ROUTE66..
38. amiaq (Posts: 509; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
In Australia they'd say "mate don't use that dodgy iPhone map"
42. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Sammy gonna beat the hell out of that fruit now :)
5. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Totally agree with Samsung.
Why pay huge sum of money for something so remarkably useless??
7. tech2 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
"Dude, that's rude!"
Daniel P., why write an article if you cant be neutral. I remember an article from PA pointing out the fanboyism in the comments and how PA's article aren't bias. Why provoke then by making such a statement ?
BTW, do you remember 'PC vs Mac' ad several years ago by Apple to belittle Windows ? It wasn't rude then was it !
10. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
If I'm not mistaken, I think Daniel P. is trying to insert some humor with that title.
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Because in general it's really rude. And yes, those PC v Mac ads were as well.
Companies should face competition positively.
21. dsDoan (Posts: 229; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
They should, yes. But if Apple's not going to, then I don't see any problem when the competition doesn't.
27. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
I agree it is and doesn't promote healthy competition. Its better to take the high road. Instead of Oops, it should just say, trust better navigation as people there are facing these issues. But reporters shouldn't be the judge of what's rude and what isn't. We, the readers, should be. PA has always been "trying" to "frame opinions" of its readers. Level is declining.
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
They should put one of those displays in front of a Burger King in downtown Sidney!
47. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahahaha!! .......F-IN EPIC!!
12. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
still i find many Apple users who think that apple map is best and that is why i called them i$heep.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is probably the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Play with fire, you get burned.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 21726; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's what Samsung should do. And apple should fix maps to make it moot
26. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
What's up with people these days... things change fast. have seen hordes of people BSing about the maps, they just won't ever accept that it'll get better.