Dual-core Nokia Zeal to flaunt aluminum unibody chassis in Zune HD style come early 2013
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 06:23 posted on
The handset is codenamed Nokia Zeal for now, and will feature a 1GHz dual-core processor, 4.3" display of undisclosed resolution, 512MB of RAM, and 8GB of internal memory. Those specs are now squarely in the mid-range category for Windows Phone 8, but the most interesting part of the rumor is that it will be styled to reminisce the Zune HD music player, which has an appealing aluminum casing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
omg is my reaction for many reasons
1. cool to know Nokia has more designs
2. i like the name
3. the windows phone 8 push should be done asap.
4. i knew it, they rushed the designs at present
5. because I thought it was announced already, then I realized I was wrong after commenting. lol
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
HAHAHAHHA for that, +1
But if this is true, they rather leave the name Lumia and go with "zeal"
Appealing and decent name.
Please, do borrow the zune HD player design. :3
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Awesome!!! Go Nokia, we are with you and will love you forever. You are the genuine innovative company out there.
Now I'm confused whether to buy 920, 820 or this one. I think I'll buy a 920 for me, and this one for my sis :)
19. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
i think if i do make the jump to Windows i really want the 920 if the renders of it following the 900 is true.
my friend has the Cyan colored one i love how she can have it sitting straight up and the even with a stong vibration pattern it doesnt fall over when ringing.
ive always liked Nokias innovation in the hardware side
6. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You do realize that pic is a Zune HD right?
7. MicroNokia (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Does that mean an end to colorful phones......??
9. Cacharoes (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Not really, Zunes came in a variety of colours, the Zune HD came in I think sevent colours or so. I think it was Black, Silver, Red, Lime Green, Blue, Magenta, and Purple, or something like that.
So still possible, I think the colourful phones is what best represents Nokia style wise and windows 8 the whole Vibrant Colours.
14. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Nokia isn't a copycat like sammy!! I am positive that Nokia will cast its design magic to further enhance this design. My only worry is MS, which indeed is a cunning shark. Hope the partnership goes smoothly...
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I just gave a thumbs up to all the post above me....:D
Nokia...you are back with a ZEAL!! Or at least you will be!! I'm glad!!
12. StreetNerd (Posts: 708; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i want WP8 styled E7 design NOAWWWWWWWWW!
16. buccob (Posts: 1483; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I am loving my SGS3, but I have to say that this Zune design is awesome and it is what nokia should base its designs from now on.
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Would have been amazing if this had top-end specs because I still use and love my zune HD and it would be amazing to have a phone version. (in fact I've always wanted a phone version of it since the day I bought it, well thought, Nokia!)
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it should be price a little higher than Lumia 610!!! but not really high!!! i like nokia more!!!
21. esquire415 (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
SWEEEET!!! I've been wanting a Zune Smartphone since the Zune HD player came out. Microsoft was working on the Zune HD2 but they shelved the whole project due to lack of interest (now there is rumor that they are coming out with the Surface smartphone) but the reincarnation of the Zune HD in the Nokia Zeal is definitely most welcome. I always loved that urban industrial look of the Zune HD compared to other personal media players and only the Sony Xperia line comes close. I hope it will be available on Sprint. I would have preferred WebOS but any OS would be fine!
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
ikr... really looking forward for this one!
22. esquire415 (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Here's the Zune HD2 that was suppose to be a smartphone:
And here's the upcoming Nokia Zeal smartphone which is a re-branded Zune HD phone.