Dual Shot feature rumored to be coming to the Apple iPhone 5S
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2013, 11:14 posted on
Speculation has arisen that the next iteration of the Apple iPhone will feature a 2MP front-facing camera that will capture FHD video; besides the improvement in the sensor, iOS 7 will purportedly allow iPhone users to take pictures using the back and front cameras at the same time which is a feature already available on certain Android models...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"Your comment..." literally being Apple.
40. Hollywould (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
Ha! lets get serious, they are just trying to put out something "new" to the Iphone so they have something to talk about for an hour in the next key note.
23. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Agree. I couldnt think of a reason why i would want to snap pic/record vid by using both cameras at one time.
42. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Its useless for most users, it is good for bloggers and such though. All the innovation is leaving phones and now its just turning into gimmicks like desktops/laptops have been for years.
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Try saying that in a Samsung related article and you're doomed!! Lol...
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uh, oh! Samsung and LG is gonna sue Apple..........
33. jibraihimi (Posts: 708; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Or maybe Apple will sue LG and Samsung, claiming that they patented this 'Dual shot' feature 10yrs. ago.......... :)
51. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh really? Ok, fine! I smell a lawsuit coming!
3. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
Funny. Is Apple doing the copying now? Ok, it's just a rumor.
30. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
since apple is doing it... nooooooowww its innovation!!!..dumb fanboys..
37. NewTone (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
just wait for apply to try and patent this "revolutionary" feature... haha! i cannot wait until my 2 year agreement is up so i can get rid of this s**tty 4s
4. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It will of course be a world and industry first in photo taking thanks to Apple,they will call it the ishot and ifans will be heard everywhere saying "ishot myself"!
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6963; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And still apple lags and is behind everyone else
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, and to add salt to the wound, it is sounding like iOS v. 7.0 is not going to be the compelling release. To get the good stuff, users will have to wait for v. 7.1. When does 7.1 ship? 2014?
And people wonder why Apple's share price is down.
18. Ninetysix (Posts: 1837; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Is it a lot better on the Android side when it comes to OS upgrades? When Google anounces KLP, when does it reach the consumer?
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4546; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It doesn't matter really. Android 2.3 Gingerbread is better & more complex than the current iOS. Apple's OS is becoming the laughing stock of the mobile world.
Just like Droid_X_Doug cleverly said....
"And people wonder why Apple's share price is down."
+1 to Droid_X_Doug
34. Ninetysix (Posts: 1837; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Ah yes. How's that 2% Jelly Bean 4.2 market share treating you guys?
I don't own any APPL shares so why should their stock conern me? Do you own any stocks?
47. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That number is going to rise and rise as the Galaxy S4 releases and HTC updates The One.
How's Siri on the iPhone 3GS and 4? How's panorama on iPhone 3GS and 4?
When an Android phone gets an update, it gets all the features part of the OS update, not just 1 or 2 like on Apple products. I love how you forgot to mention that. Nice try though.
49. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4546; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am an Android power user that roots. I have NEVER had a problem being on the latest and greatest. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is the norm now on most phones in the Android eco system.
Fact is that iOS is still looking, acting & just stagnant as it was back in 2007. The only differences iOS has now are direct ripoffs of Android.
Black Berry was king of the world & rested on their laurels & look at them now. At the very least Black Berry's latest OS has WAY more to offer than iOS. Shoot even WP8 is way more compelling than iOS.
How is your over 6 year old iOS treating you? It must terrible to look at the same thing for more than half a decade. :(
46. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6963; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I mean lagging behind technology hardware . Sorry should of put that in preference not meant for software os meaning on hardware.
6. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i remembered dual shot feature of lumia 620...
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I'd have preferred a dual shot feature where you can take photos of the front (boobs) and back (ass) at the same time. Dont ask me how, i havent figured it out myself either.
19. lovefist (unregistered)
giggity, heh heh alright!
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, you've got to make a phone consisting of two parts connected by bluetooth or something.
Make the front cam detachable...another to the front and the other one to the back. You got yourself a boobass!!
9. fuhrer (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Wow new innovation from iPhone, that's very revolutionary. LOL LMAO
11. SIGPRO (Posts: 644; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
This will make the 5s revolutionary...........epic fail!
12. illusionmist (Posts: 135; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Nice try, Samsung....
I mean, Anonymous Tipster.
14. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Here's what's gonna happen, Apple will have this feature patented and say they invented it, then sue every cellphone maker out there that have been using this feature already. I mean come on!
21. MEeee (Posts: 304; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Just like Apple filed patent on camera best shot and non of the iDevices have this feature.
16. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
wtf the panorama feature is limited to iphone 5????? bitch please even my old galaxy young has this feature
31. lyndon420 (Posts: 2485; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Is this used when you lose your phone and are trying to determine who took it? Can't really see another use for something like this.
32. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
"similar to the way that the new Panorama feature is limited to the Apple iPhone 5"
The 4S has panorama also. Check your facts.
36. NewTone (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
"Dual Shot will be available only on the Apple iPhone 5S similar to the way that the new Panorama feature is limited to the Apple iPhone 5. "
Umm you might want to check out your info i have Panorama on my 4s...
50. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 214; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I guess they meant taking a picture while shooting a video.
38. rozay321 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
All that you people do is hate on iPhone and find every little software error you can possibly find and then you anxiously wait for the next one.
I dont get you types
39. Aeires (unregistered)
So now we can finally see who is taking all those pictures of their food!
41. davenycept (Posts: 193; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Yra since Apple it's doing it now it's something groundbreaking and innovating and we ill it an I name
45. hawra (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
apple all it does it copy and now they copying LG features
48. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Samsung might as well put this on their list of infringements now.