Dual-Screen Kyocera Echo on sale today at Sprint
The Kyocera Echo does have some meat on its bones-a 1GHz Snapdragon chip is on board, a 5MP camera on back, and Android 2.2 under the hood. The display is where the action is, however. Two 3.5 inch screens can be used in various combinations including as a single 4.7 inch display. Both screens have a 480 x 800 resolution.
Sprint is offering the Echo for $199 after a $100 rebate and a signed 2-year pact. Will the phone get a better reception from Sprint customers now that it has been launched?
1. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I just walked in and people are already buying this thing... remarkable. We'll see if this keeps up throughout the day.
2. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Definitely don't think this will be a smartphone revolution...but it does have some function. It's kind of cool to have the function of doing more than one thing and having it displayed on two separate screens. Watching a movie and wanting to look up information about it without leaving the movie itself. Same could be done with email... But this phone is going to need a ton of Android augmentation in the future since it looks to be completely customized by Kyocera. Hopefully, they stay on board with support...
3. heyitzme (Posts: 87; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
Definitely an interesting phone. I don't plan on going out and buying one. But I would love to play around with it.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5522; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well since it is looking like the Bionic has crashed and burned, I wnder when Sprint will be selling the EVO 3D? That is what I am interested in from Sprint.
8. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
Verizons getting phone similar to droid x and bionic combined
5. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Keeping the phone down is no Dual core or at least a 1.2-5Ghz and it uses Sprints old slow 3G -__-
6. captainqtp (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
If it was dual 800x480 screens, it would be a LOT more attractive... as is, the two screens combined are barely more than that.
9. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
each screen is 800x480 and 3.5 inches. so it has normal resolution and normal screen size
7. captainqtp (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
lol strike that I read a spec sheet last night that said it was comining for 480x960 or something along those lines.... just noticed in the article both were 800x480.... that's great.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3187; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Seems like most of us are interested in the echo... we just do not want one. Kinda funny.
11. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Kinda like a hot girl with serious emotional baggage...
12. sniperace (Posts: 95; Member since: 20 Aug 2009)
lol...That was a good one!....At least the chick we would all still do. But i have a funny feeling this phone may really sell a few ... stop and think how many people bought a Side Kick.