Dual-SIM HTC One updated to Android 4.2.2
0. phoneArena 30 Jun 2013, 13:12 posted on
The Dual-SIM version of the HTC One is available only in China, yet it is the first variant of the phone to receive the Android 4.2.2 firmware update; the good news for the rest of you who are rockin' the plain old one SIM version of the phone, is that this is a sign that you could soon be receiving the update yourselves. Just remember that carrier testing is one of the reasons why updates seem to take forever...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The HTC One should have been released with 4.2.2 out of the box. If other OEMs can do it, why can't HTC do it? But nonetheless, the update is finally coming and that's something to be happy about.
2. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Because HTC is notorious for being quite behind the competition when it comes to updating their devices. I'm sure with the HTC One though, they should improve on it. I hope.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I wonder why LG is lagging behind with the updates, HTC is improving , but LG is still....the same ol' LG. If you know what I mean.
The G Pro is still in Android 4.1.
15. justsayit (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 May 2013)
but seriously said, did much different on 4.1.2 and 4.2.2?? even OEMs update their phone to 4.2.2, u also can't 100% get all 4.2.2 feature
and 4.2.2 not a major update, may cause some OEMs skip this
3. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Sony, LG and Motorola are a lot slower
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What do you mean? Sony is pushing out Android 4.2.2 update for the Xperia Z right now.
LG, Motorola, Huawei and ZTE are a lot slower.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony has gotten better, but they're slower than Samsung and Asus at pushing updates to their products.
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
At least Sony is improving, not like LG, Motorola, Huawei and ZTE.
14. anleoflippy (Posts: 210; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Sony already updated their flagship devices (Z/ZL) to 4.2.2. I agree they are slow but better than last year and improving.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i remember the days when HTC & Verizon were the best OEM and Carrier for updates. xD
oh well, this is still good news and who cares that it took this long. the HTC One was at least matching the S4 running 4.2.2 in comparisons running Android 4.1.2. the important thing is that Sense 5 is a breath of fresh air when it comes to UI Skins.
11. amats69 (Posts: 794; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
actually 4.1.2 HTC One is much better than the 4.2.2 S4 coz S4 got too much complain about lags..
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i agree.
that's why i said it at "at least matching"
10. Dmitry (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
The Dual-SIM HTC One dosn't available only in China. Russia, as well.
13. cosimonh (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Apr 2013)
+1 funny how they didn't notice in the screenshot, the top of the message is in Russian (I think, at least definitely not Chinese)