Dropbox wants to replace your photo gallery with lag-free, auto-backup enabled Carousel
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2014, 03:32 posted on
Dropbox doesn't like how your phone's old gallery looks, so it's offering a free replacement. Available on Android and iOS, Carousel promises no photo lag, improved sharing and rating features, automatic photo backup and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pwnarena (Posts: 873; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's almost impossible for cloud and lag-free to happen at the same time
5. hassoups (Posts: 335; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Actually it works perfectly. Dropbox is awesome.
2. draconic1991 (Posts: 130; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
U guys shud have removed the top notification bar if u wanted to make it hard to guess...
4. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 241; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
1. Same UI for Android and iOS which is not "Ok".. I like iOS 7 UI, but I run Android and I want a Holo design, not a copy-paste app from the App Store to the Play Store!(and these is not only for Dropbox, but for other lazy developers, too!!)
2. I don't use Dropbox, but rather Google Drive and G+ Photos have auto-backup from a long time..
8. elitewolverine (Posts: 1529; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Auto backup is why I have used OneDrive since windows phone 7. Google drive is nice though, used it on the note 3, but from what I have found it is not very 'simple' in terms of set it and forget it at the start of the phone.
As of right now, while you want a holo design, simple matter of the fact is that apple makes more cash for devs, as a result expect copy and paste.
9. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 241; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Yes, but all WP apps have Modern UI and this what pisses me off..
7. nexusdude (Posts: 149; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
In the reviews I've seen only Samsung's gallery lags. In my experience Google+ is the king of seamless backuping and has zero impact on gallery performance.
10. Cesar (Posts: 131; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
LAG FREE? that's only for Android xD on my iPhone is totally smoth