Droid X2 confirmed to not receive ICS
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2012, 12:05 posted on
A response to a BBB complaint confirms that the Droid X2 will not get a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich, despite being less than a year old and rocking a dual-core Tegra2 CPU...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
64. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
One more thing I wanted to point out: the Droid X2 started out on Froyo, and then was updated to Gingerbread a few months later. Bam. There's your one major update you think everyone is entitled to on their phones.
73. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Don't give me petty excuses to try and make Motorola look good because they aren't for giving customers the middle finger.
67. c.hack (Posts: 613; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Your statement is patently wrong. If Moto unlocked their bootloader, we could update our phones without Moto's interference. Moto adds nothing but theirs and Verizon's crapware - junk we don't want or need anyway. Junk that makes the phone even less stable.
Android is supposedly an "Open" OS? Try to keep that in mind. At this point its more crippled and user-unfriendly than iOS ever was.
75. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
so i'm wondering now why you even bought a Droid X2... xD
80. JunitoNH (Posts: 1861; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Sir, you are wrong. They are not giving the middle finger; they actually dropped their pants and said, "kiss it." Are we forgetting this is the same company, which released the Razr and later the Razr maxx.
4. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
and Samsung got crap for not updating a 2010 single core device...there is no excuse for any dual core phones not to get ICS
5. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
So the DX2 was born on Gingerbread and will die on Gingerbread... Now that's sad considering it is a powerful device.
On a positive note, MY GSM G'NEX WILL BE HERE TOMORROW!!
6. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1237; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Did anyone even buy this phone? I think it was a major flop and probably the reason why it's not getting the update.
40. c.hack (Posts: 613; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I have one and it is crap. It has a the terrible Moto pentile lo res display. Small fonts are illegible.
The bootloader is locked so you can't use CM.
Until they patched GB in October the POS crashed at least once a day.
47. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i have no sympathy for your dumbass buying the X2. xD
54. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
well, just to be fair, most people don't have the time to waste their lives researching cell phones and knowing the ins and out of each android device, kinda like you do.
That's why many people rely on reviewers to the work for them. And based on the reviews, the Droid X2 was a solid device.
63. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, despite all of that, c.hack is still a dumbass. He proves it with almost every post he makes.
72. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Oh the sweet, bitter irony.
71. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
lol okay so why do you guys waste your time on Phone Arena? xD
you don't really need a review to tell you that a rehash of an old flagship phone was going to take a back seat to the upcoming flagship the Bionic and even the drastically improved Droid 3 if you pay attention at all to the news.
7. Goldeneye (Posts: 419; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Its not just about hardware capabilities it's about money development that moto/vz won't spend in a low profile handset.
39. c.hack (Posts: 613; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Really? Android provided the OS to Moto for free. The only reason they would have to get off their asses and do any development is to support their motoblur crapware.
41. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Second time agree with
chack i like that
u was or were u android fan befor
9. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Hey look, another reason to never to buy a Motorola phone. They slap you in the face when it comes to updates after six months.
Way to treat your customers that pulled a sinking ship out the ocean.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Motorola Atrix. I rest my case.
25. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
you don't have a case.
36. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
YOU NEED TO SHUT THE HELL UP. getting sick and tired of you trolling on every android article. I HAVE A ATRIX
58. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Can you tell me what part in anything I've said is trolling?
I didn't think so.
33. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
What is up with all these WWE fanboys joining PA? The Miz, CM Punk, Chris Jericho....I'm sure the MIZ realized that the actual wrestler is going nowhere so he decided to change his user name over to CM Punk, but still. lol
42. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
CMPUNK LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
THERES custom roms kernels so ur not left
sinked or slapet or middle fingerd
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
AIN'T THIS A BTCH.
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
and they say lg is bad with updates...
my g2x is a month older than the droid x2, with the same processor but im getting ics