Droid RAZR HD poses for Mr. Blurrycam
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2012, 14:08 posted on
Images of the upcoming Motorola Droid RAZR HD have leaked, showing off rounded corners, a slim physique, and even more Kevlar...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
77. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4627; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I wish it had Quad-Core CPU instead of Dual-Core CPU (as rumors says). Also I would like to see LCD instead of AMOLED display. Texture of back cover doesn't look really good. :\
But I still count that it will be a good device. :)
83. Phullofphil (Posts: 798; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I would like to see quad cores also but not untill they make them with atliest krate cores. Right now the snapdragon s4 is as good as what's offered any where else. That could be just android itself not utilizing all four cores efficiently. At the Sam time with a release expected in a couple months there could be new chips available in quad core that can integrate LTE. Also even though I like the snapdragon s4, almost all the highe end phones out lately and announced in the states us that chip wich has the same graphics card so basically all the phones are gonna have around the same performance. So if that's the case what other reasons, besides the diehard my phone is the best no matter what fan, is gonna make people pick up there phone. They are all gonna be thin phones with he displayed. I do think Motorola has a great chance to pass up the gs3 if they don't use a plastic (I know it's better plastic but it's still looks like plastic) shell. Maybe the entire thing will be carbon fibre wich might look really nice. But that's another topic. Htc is right there with Samsung right now with better looks but not so good with a tad choppy at times, probably has to do with the bad to the bone sence overlay being so taxing. The sg3 could have done without the pentile amoled but contrast wise they are the best and I don't notice any pixelation on my galaxy nexus. I think that this razr hd could be the best out of the phones in America if it came out earlier. Sg3 is gonna take a hell of a lot of posesable customers from this phone. This phone is I am gonna assume like all my older motorolas that it's gonna have better call quality, better reception, it's gonna have louder external speakers, and wholly Molly aout the battery life. They could put a quad core krate based chip running at 3ghz and have better battery life than my galaxy nexus. Better overal quality hardware not including the processor and memmory(wich will be about the same) than any phone on the market. Probably a real hdmi port. Most solid built. I hope with the carbon back they have a equally quality front with a thin bezel. Although plastic bezel that on the newer motorolas sat flush with the glass better. I got hare caught in the bezel on my go droid a bunch of times. On that area there needs to be a redesign of the front where the glass sits into the phone. The Nokia lumina 900 is a really good example. It's sad that since the original droid made android popular. That even though there phones are great they have not really made another impact like that. Well except to be bought by android so to speak.
2. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 803; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
The overall design is more appealing than the Razors square chopped corners IMHO
26. SleepingOz (Posts: 2485; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
I also don't like the "square chopped corners" of the Razr.
42. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it does have chopped corners, you can just barely see them because of the tapered edges.
3. mas11 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Honestly I personally like the of the DROID RAZR more than this, but that's just my opinion.
43. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, this looks good but the Razr kind of "edges" it out. xD
6. jordan.300 (unregistered)
will it kill the galaxy s3
7. bbblader (Posts: 536; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
what if I told you you like motorola too much
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't think you read his post right... xD
87. jordan.300 (unregistered)
thank you king! i am just a teen who is a professional in feature and smartphones. i sent my first text when I was 5, got my first phone when I was 8, and HATE motorola. i prefer samsung. GETTING NEXUS 7 ON OCT. 15 =)
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
2 GB of RAM and a better camera, this thing will be a beast.
12. tedkord (Posts: 3946; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Are you saying you heard it has 2gb of ram, or you wish it did?
50. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I hope it will, yeah. And quad-core.
54. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It may not be quad core but instead it will most likely have a TI OMAP 5430 CPU. This processor is a 2Ghz dual core Cortex A-15, sounds nice right? Also, if you're into gaming or anything graphics intensive, it has a dual core GPU running @ 532 mhz + a dedicated 2D graphics accelerator. I hope this texas instruments processor benchmarks really well.
59. lsutigers (Posts: 670; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Do you really think the RAZR will have the TI chip you mentioned? All indications point to the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, not the 5430.
71. tedkord (Posts: 3946; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I read this yesterday. Nenamark scores for the HD showing an Adreno 225 GPU. It's probably gonna be the S4. :(
88. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The TI Chip is going to be ready and available in Q3 and that is when this phone is supposed to be released. I know i was incorrect but it would be nice. It will indeed have an S4.....
80. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4627; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Rumors says that it will be Snapdragon S4 chipset with two 1.5GHz CPU cores.
79. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4627; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't know about quality but rumors says that it will be 13MP.
9. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Sweet looking phone, never been a huge Motorola fan but I respect their products.
10. tedkord (Posts: 3946; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Dammit, I just know they're not gonna release this until after the family share plans become mandatory, and I'm going to have to either settle for the GS3 now or pay full retail.
15. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I feel ya, personally I love the SIII and cannot wait to get it. Any word on the screen size of this Razr HD?
19. tedkord (Posts: 3946; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've heard 4.6 inches 720p several places, but I don't know if it's official. I think also read AMOLED.
22. Ubi2447 (Posts: 126; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Technically nothing we've seen thus far is official ;)
41. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Well if they want to include touch buttons then screen has to be at least 4.6" because then it would actually be about 4.3-4.4" of actual viewable area
45. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, really everywhere between 4.6" & 4.8" i'm betting it's the same 4.65" HDSA Display the Nexus has.
29. KParks23 (Posts: 422; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I deff feel u on this I just pre ordered the gs3 and have never been less excited to do a preordered in my life I got the 16gb white for 199 then a BS 30$ upgrade fee then 15 bucks in taxes what a Fn rip off if amazon get this ill cancel it and preorder from them.. i try not to do any business at the vzw store or website!!! Not that the s3 is a bad phone its a great phone but I prefer htc but being stuck on vzw and not knowing what's gonna happen to my unlimited so i figure I can get this lock in my data and see if I like the phone or not depending on the data and stuff I my sell the gs3 on eBay and buy a htc later this year full price or if data stays the same I got another upgrade around Oct and my brother in law will enjoy his new gs3 :)
60. lsutigers (Posts: 670; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Verizon and Sprint are supposed to get a large HTC phone similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note, if you like HTC, you may want to wait for that.
34. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Get the S3 with an upgrade now, do a warranty replacement, then sell the warranty replacement one as a return or new, and use that to buy the razr maxx on eBay full retail...might only need to pay a little more out of pocket.
14. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Give that s**t to me on AT&T and I'll find a way to afford it, I'm sure. :)
55. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5657; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Motorola doesn't care bout us those on AT&T. They give all the nice THIN RAZR phones on Verizon. That is why I'm never buying another Motorola again
61. lsutigers (Posts: 670; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
That will be changing this year as Moto is supposed to be making A LOT less phones and will focus on a few good ones which should see variants on Sprint & AT&T.
81. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4627; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Not Motorola doesn't care about you it is AT&T doesn't care about you.
16. networkdood (Posts: 5582; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
'... and should address the complaints that the RAZR (and to a lesser degree the RAZR MAXX) received indicating that the sharp-edged devices where somewhat uncomfortable to hold.'
Baloney....I own the DROID RAZR with a case and it not uncomfortable to hold.
17. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Not everyone puts cases on their phones, and some people are just pussies...
38. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
It was a common complaint by reviewers - that doesn't mean everyone will agree. In a case you've pretty much mitigated the problem all ready.
18. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
I'm still wondering why other phone makers are not going in the same direction as Motorola with their amazingly large battery.
20. tedkord (Posts: 3946; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Because the RAZR MAXX didn't sell gangbusters. The top selling phones all had average sized batteries.
28. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It didn't sell like gangbusters because for the longest time it was at that stupid 300 dollar price.
56. ngo2dd (Posts: 773; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
also the phone is as big as a 4.7 inch screen with only 4.3.
31. Ubi2447 (Posts: 126; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Mainstream consumers still think they need the thinest device. But until we get our battery technology out of the 20th century we're not going to last long with these anorexic phones. It's nice to have something thing but not at the expense of comfort and certainly not at the expense of daily use.
62. lsutigers (Posts: 670; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
That is all changing with newer processors in phones such as the HTC One X / HTC EVO 4G LTE / Samsung Galaxy S III using the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (28nm) SoC, which Motorola will likely use in their next gen phones. These phones get MUCH better battery life and are still very thin. I personally don't care about having THE thinnest phone around but it is nice when you can get great battery life and a high quality thin phone like the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
27. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Its not about the size of the battery, but the technology behind it. I think its thinner then other 3300mah batteries from 3rd parties, while still giving the 3300mah power to last longer. Motorola really innovates :)
21. Rocksteady (Posts: 183; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Motorola designs are really good.
I left nokia for Motorola and never looked back.
With Droid Razr, no regrets.
And this one will have it's effect on the market.
33. Rocksteady (Posts: 183; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Then I think we both like Snatch movie, alan Ford was amazing in this movie.
Have a nice day.
24. skymitch89 (Posts: 983; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Just hope that it is a S-AMOLED or S-LDC kind of display. My question is, are they going to release a Droid Razr HD & a Droid Razr Maxx HD or is it just going to be a Droid Razr HD?
25. Ubi2447 (Posts: 126; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
No point in doing the Maxx thing again since it already has the Maxx's Battery in it. Also no sense in upping the mHa's since 3300 is more than the average and even heavy users need.
Darn... the Moto haters are gunna have to come up with something else to whine about.
36. KParks23 (Posts: 422; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
No we still got the crappy UI and unlock screen to complain about :). Other than that everything is pretty good!
46. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you have no idea what you're talking about. xD
the only other thing is the bootloader. Moto needs to get in and slam some carrier heads around.
51. Ubi2447 (Posts: 126; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Oh aye. The new Moto UI is great and widely appreciated by many. Yes an Unlocked phone would be the icing on the cake, but the UI that has been showed off is the closest thing to stock that you are going to get with out buying a Nexus.
And about the screen... We have yet to even see specs past size. If they are indeed going to try and compete with the HTC One x and the SGS3 they had better pull out all stops to make this screen something to talk about. I mean the One X's screen is gorgeous by many standards and I'm not saying that it has to be on par with that. But they certainly have to try to get their displays up towards the SGSIII standards if they do intend in having a chance in competing.
I think that is what we are going to see from Moto this go around. But even that is hope. Really, we'll have to wait and see but I think this phone will be something great.
82. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4627; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think it will be:
Motorola Droid Razr HD = For Verizon
Motorola Razr HD = GSM version
And they both will be with 3300mAh battery.