Droid Landing being prepared to become operational once again
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2011, 22:01 posted on
Droid Landing has been dusted off and according to a tweet, "Reactivation Protocols initiated"; one big question is which device is the site being prepared for?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
*starts daydreaming about owning a DX2...*
2. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Droid Charge!!! But my upgrade isn't until July... =(
5. america123jeff (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Apr 2011)
hey get the samsung galaxy s II. way better than the droid charge. and also thanks for the droid incredible 2 update.
15. skymitch89 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
If it is the Droid Charge and it comes out fairly soon, then waiting until July would actually be nice. They'll be able to work out some bugs and also there might be something even better out by then.
3. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
OH! It's going to be the Incredible 2. I can guarantee that. Verizon doesn't have the original Droid Incredible on their website anymore.
You heard this from me first! haha
4. mr. droid (Posts: 278; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)
it is the incredible 2, this I know for a fact. had a rep accidently slip and say that he only had incredible 2's in stock, then quickly tried to cover up what he said.
17. skymitch89 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Almost all my local Verizon stores have the Incredible still out on the shelves. I don't really talk the the reps though.
6. Nignoggin (unregistered)
Oh please, don't give me that crap. I work for vzw and there are no phones in stores yet! we don;t even have the dummy phones yet! Enough with the made up BS
16. skymitch89 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I don't think that you work for Verizon. If you did, your capitalization and punctuation would be more professional.
20. agent7 (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
That's funny. I know a few reps at Verizon Corporate stores that I used to work at, and they have them there. They have for days. I have seen them with my own eyes. It's too bad that they did not decide to send them to your store. Sucks to be you.
8. mr. droid (Posts: 278; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)
all i know is i HATE the thunderbolt i have. it has GOT to go! I have had it for 11 daysi, so I am thinking tomorrow (thursday) i am going to go in to the store i got it from and see if i can change out to a fascinate or droid x.
the incredible was ALMOST the perfect phone. instead of that shiny bezel around the top, it should have had the soft touch material on it, and needed a better battery not needing a different battery cover. lets hope the incredible2 is different in those ways.
in my area, we have been told time and time again that there will be no verizon 4G LTE here until summer of 2012, so its time to move on to a (or back to) a 3G phone. then if tiered frickin data plans come, i will either switch carriers or get away from the smart phone. (unless i can still get 3G phones through verizon) -if that is indeed what happens, then i think its time for Dan Hessey and is yellow sprint logo to find its way into my hands, because if memory serves me right, at&t already has tiered (or about to have them) data plans, so thats NOT an option. i need an unlimited data plan, BUT i am not paying more than $30 a month for it. no point in that. i can get an iPod touch and run it off my wifi at home and dont need for a fancy phone.
not even a registered user. maybe this guy was trying to use some sales tactic or something. if that what that was, it was certainly not good.
9. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Get the X, get the Gingerbread update, get a big memory card, and you'll have all the fun you'll need. ;)
12. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
Actually they only sell the x with a 2 gb memory card now
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Which is why I said "get a big memory card," lol. Buying a 16G memory card for a Droid X priced at 150 will still put you about where you were paying for the DX with the card preinstalled.
21. agent7 (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
DO NOT GET THE FASCINATE!!!!!!! I have seen so many problems with that phone. The Droid X is a much better choice. I agree that the Thunderbolt is not the greatest. The battery life is absolutely awful.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea I love the DROID x with 2.3 I don't think ill be using my thunderbolt anymore. Shame I didn't return it when I could.
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
if mifi was not expensive you could get one and get superb speeds on your X
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hey. *pokes* Hey you. Did you install Gingerbread yet?
18. skymitch89 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
The Droid X doesn't have an "official" update as of yet. None of my friends have gotten any kind of update since the 2.2.1 update.
22. agent7 (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
They have rolled out the OTA actually. My boss actually just got his, and he loves it.
19. skymitch89 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Probably going to be the next version of the Droid X. I find it kind of cool that they are involving the public, but also a bit cliché doing that they are doing this again.