Droid Bionic update rolling out to everyone
0. phoneArena 10 Feb 2012, 12:07 posted on
Motorola Droid Bionic owners can now download the latest update, which features improved stability, battery life, and better performance in a wide range of apps and system tools...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I just sold my Bionic and my dad's is like 2 updates behind. guess I better go ahead and unroot it. xD
4. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
You don't have to unroot it to update and keep root. Look in xda-developers site for some code to add to you build.prop or something. Or download voodoo rootkeeper in the market place.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I know but I don't want to flash the updates. it's much more convenient for me not owning the phone to just unroot, install the updates and root again with the SuperOneClick script. saves me a lot of trouble in the long run.
2. aar0983 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
Hmm mine just keeps saying try again later >:l grrrr
7. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
am i reading this wrong, cause mine updated to this software like a week ago. hmmmm
8. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Sorry to tell you man but that means you will not be able to update unless you do a factory restore....I know it sucks but I had to suck it up last night and do it myself.
then spend a few hours redoing all my apps and accounts
but after that you can do the update and so far it does seem to have better battery life......mine has been on battery since about 5:30am and it is only down 20% with normal to heavier use, in 4G
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
actually i don't, it's just rooted. i didn't freeze any apps or anything. i just wanted my dad to be able to use mobile hotspot for free.
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Motorola Droid Bionic is a very consumer friendly name, right?
6. biophone (Posts: 1956; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Well i am not sure how a name is consumer friend but my name Is bionicphone or biophone for short. So i would say so as the bionic was a kickass name.
10. aar0983 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
I still cant get mine to work. Any suggestions?